Nike Digital Engineer
Job Location: Beaverton, OR
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
Athletes constantly chase their potential. They seek information, motivation and the gear to give them an edge over the competition. The Nike Digital team enables NIKE, Inc.'s digital products and services that inspire athletes to do one more lap, one more crunch or one more marathon. The team fuels dynamic brand experiences, consumer interactions and Nike's digital platforms, including nike.com and NIKEiD. They use world-class technology, decades of athlete insights, and skills such as analytics, statistics, digital marketing, software development, social media engagement and more to deliver products and experiences to athletes around the world.
As a Nike Digital Engineer, you'll work with a variety of talented Nike teammates and be a driving force for building Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions for Nike digital. You'll be responsible for the delivery of solutions on top of Platform implementation. These solutions power critical business decisions and personalized experiences for our consumers.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline with an expected graduation date in Spring 2018
- Hands on experience with HDFS, Map Reduce, Presto, Hive, Impala, Spark or similar technologies
- Ability to build libraries, user defined functions and frameworks on Hadoop eco system
- Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks around Hadoop and AWS eco system
- Excellent scripting skills in one or more (Java Script, Shell, Python etc.)
- Understanding of Hadoop distributions such as Cloudera or EMR
- Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results quickly and correctly in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
- Experience with performance/scalability tuning, algorithms and computational complexity
- Proven communication skills to work in cross functional teams to complete solution design, development and delivery
- Exposure to or Knowledge of working in large-scale distributed application development
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms
- Statistical analysis with R, Python or similar
- Experience with NoSQL & Columnar Databases technologies such as Cassandra, Redshift/Hbase
- Experience with messaging & Complex event processing systems such as Kafka, Storm and Spark
- Experience with AWS or Cloud
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.