Please apply on our external website: https://jobs.nexteraenergy.com/job/Houston-Summer-College-Intern-Geologist-%28Gas-Infrastructure%29-TX-77002/680010100/
Trinity Operating is an independent oil and natural gas company engaged in the exploration, development and production of oil and natural gas from onshore properties within the U.S.
Position Specific Description
Working alongside a designated Geoscience Mentor in the Eagle Ford, or Haynesville, or Woodford Asset team you will have the opportunity to work on projects which may include the following:
• Compile, interpret and integrate geophysical/geological data for regional scale interpretations, prospect generation or lease evaluation
• Integrate petrophysical and geological information to investigate and develop different rock physics relationships at both regional and field development scales
• Utilize computer workstations to enhance accuracy of geoscience, Petra/Kingdom SMT and possibly GeoGraphix.
• Assist mentor geologist with daily operations including geosteering, participating in rig calls, reviewing daily mudlogging reports, and developing geo-prognoses for upcoming wells.
Collaborate with reservoir engineering intern on feasibility of utilizing Artificial Intelligence and machine learning in the team’s work flows to optimize value on our assets and identify leasing and acquisition opportunities. Python coding experience a plus.
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher