Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) is responsible for driving consumable sales and serving as the initial point of contact for pre-sales customer inquiries. They manage the sales process for specific product lines, accounts and/or sales opportunities via phone and e-mail. Responsibilities include engaging with existing customers, generating new sales leads, introducing customers to the NanoString products that best meet their needs, coordinating with internal resources to address customer questions/objections, providing pricing, creating and submitting individualized quotes, negotiating and coordinating with manufacturing to ensure delivery of products, and closing the sales process through the point of order receipt. This individual works closely with Regional Account Managers (RAMs) and Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) to meet and exceed sales quotas for a specific territory.
This is a home-based, remote sales role. Travel to assigned territory (SF Bay Area) is required (~10%, 5-20 days per year). Knowledge and proximity to territory of coverage will be considered, however this position can accommodate remote work from anywhere in the US.
- Drive strategic sales activities that result in consumable revenue at new and existing accounts.
- Engage with existing customers and generate new sales leads.
- Establish new customers in Academic and Biotech markets
- Maintain/grow consumable revenue at existing customer accounts.
- Support Regional Account Managers with lead generation, customer follow-up, and developing/closing consumable opportunities.
- Initial point of contact for pre-sales customer inquiries and outbound prospecting.
- Manage trade show leads and their respective qualifications.
- Manage consumables forecast and implement strategies to address any gaps to plan.
- Establish and nurture positive, productive relationships with customer accounts including product end-users, management and purchasing contacts.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing to drive product promotions and provide feedback on ROI.
- Maintain a CRM database via updates to sales opportunities, sales stages, marketing statuses, and customer intelligence data.
Qualifications and Requirements (Education, Experience, Specific Skills):
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or technical field required. Solid fundamental understanding of and hands on experience with genetics and molecular biology techniques strongly preferred.
- M.S. degree in molecular biology or a related field a strong plus.
- 2-4 years of successful sales experience with a technical life science product preferred. Translational experience considered.
- Ability to accommodate work arrangements required: This is a home-based, remote sales role. Travel to assigned territory (SF Bay Area) is required (~10%, 5-20 days per year). Knowledge and proximity to territory of coverage will be considered, however this position can accommodate remote work from anywhere in the US.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others.
- Outstanding listening, verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customer personality types. Ability to work well with highly educated research scientist customers.
- Strong ability to identify customer needs, obstacles to the sales process, and solutions using NanoString products.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics or a similar CRM database a plus.
- Strong business sense, instinct, and personal drive.
- Team goal oriented with a focus on achieving team sales performance metrics through personal contribution and teamwork
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.