Moda Health is currently seeking a Health Equity Administrator.
The individual in this position is passionate about health equity and is instrumental in working on system-wide health equity projects that improve outcomes, reduce disparities, and reduce unconscious bias. This position provides subject matter expertise in reviewing current and creating equitable strategies, community health and engagement, advocacy, health equity analytics, bias reduction and diversity, equity and inclusion practices for accessible care and service to members. This position will catalyze culture change across sectors to address these structural barriers, offering the selected candidate an exciting opportunity to engage on improvements across a diverse field of topic areas sustaining or deepening health inequities, such as racism, poverty, ineffective policies, and systemic barriers that harm certain groups and benefit others.
01. Plan and execute productive convenings with constituents to identify and advance shared goals, clarify challenges, develop strategies to build solutions, and assure progress through consensus agreements and actionable next steps.
02. Develop focused interventions to address social determinants of health, implicit bias, institutional racism, systemic barriers to race and health equity and strategies to shift practice in clinical settings.
03. Lead the EOCCO Diversity, Equity and inclusion Committee, a subcommittee of the EOCCO Board.
04. Support and conduct regular Equity Workgroup meetings with key constituents to build relationships, share best practices and health equity tactics, develop a health equity plan, and provide quality resources or services that add value for the members.
05. Collaborate with, leverage the skills of, influence and motivate partners and stakeholders across the service area, by providing education and change management strategies as needed.
06. Represent EOCCO at Oregon Health Authority meetings and conferences.
07. Within Medicaid Quality Improvement, work on meeting the Quality Metrics and implement interventions, as assigned.
08. Serves as a health equity subject matter expert on various health equity initiatives.
09. Assists with monitoring, coordinating, and communicating the strategic objectives of health equity across the Moda to optimize performance/results.
10. Works to identify opportunities for continuous improvement, standardization, and health care disparity reduction across Moda company brands.
11. Representing Moda, works with organizations and leaders in the community on health equity programs and initiatives.
12. Serves on Moda Diversity Council and serves as a staff liaison on Moda Board Diversity Committee.
01. Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
02. At least 2 years of relevant experience including working in or with rural or underserved communities, working with leadership, facilitating meetings, measuring, and monitoring programs evaluation activities and working with multi‐disciplinary, multi‐cultural teams.
03. Equity advocacy or system change efforts experience preferred.
Are you ready to be a betterist?
If you’re ready to make a difference that matters, we want to hear from you. Because it’s time to discover what’s possible.
Together, we can be more. We can be better.
Moda Health seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.