Imagine being the voice of a major Microsoft brand, defining the way it looks and feels to millions of daily users and shaping the impact it has on differentiating us from competitors. As a writer and editor on the Bing content team, you'll be an essential part of our unique in-house creative services organization.
We are a dedicated group of creatives who generate original content experiences for Bing. We consider ourselves a lucky bunch who enjoy the excitement of working on an original content team with all the benefits of a being part of a big company.
The scope of our work is impressive. We create quizzes, daily offers for the Microsoft Rewards program, marketing pages that explain new features, Bing homepage content, and event-based content experiences that all work to shape the brand.
In this role, you'll be challenged to think imaginatively and act strategically toward the goal of driving engagement and delighting customers.
Your focus will be on writing and editing a range of consumer-friendly copy, from quizzes and Rewards offers to new experiences we haven't created yet but require the touch of a highly skilled, experienced copywriter who can write with style, personality, and a honed instinct for what drives user engagement.
Write and edit product copy on deadline using your sharp wit, superb research skills, and sophisticated, yet highly accessible, writing style.
Work with PM, dev, and marketing teams to maximize the impact of the content you create and its distribution as well as the ability to evaluate the ROI of content experiences in terms that are meaningful to internal partners.
Participate in creative editorial reviews, take feedback gracefully, and give it honestly and with tact.
Write and edit copy for a range of in-product experiences.
• 2-5 years working in a daily publishing environment writing content for consumer audiences.
• The ability to handle multiple editorial responsibilities concurrently. You need to be very comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment. Ideally, you prefer it.
• Experience working on websites or publications that demonstrate your range in writing for broad consumer audiences.
• The ability to articulate how the content you create helps to drive business goals. In other words, you need to know how to create content and speak to the impact of it in business terms: PVs, CTR, etc.
• Experience and/or understanding of brand content and how it's used to drive engagement, product identity, and trust.
• Great interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate. Everybody on the team writes and edits. We give honest feedback with respect and authority and welcome the same in turn. We work as a unit to support each other and to do our best work.
• Degree in journalism, communications, English, or related discipline preferred. A solid portfolio of published consumer writing can substitute for degree in preferred major.
• Knowledge of new media required.
To be considered for this role, you will need to provide an online portfolio of your work or easily accessible links to 5-7 samples of content written for consumer audiences that clearly demonstrate your ability to be successful in this role.