- Receive and log in sample in preparation for analysis. Review sample and any attached documentation to assign an identification number and enter information into Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). Prepare documentation as necessary.
- Contact client, when necessary, to obtain and clarify missing or unclear information to ensure that identification of client code, test code, and sample contents are accurate.
- Store sample in appropriate manner until analysis is completed and appropriately dispose of extra sample. Ensure sample integrity is maintained.
- Prepare packages for pick up by shipping vendors. Follow appropriate procedures to send packages and maintain all related documentation.
- Prepare sample to be shipped to other testing facilities when necessary. Complete appropriate documentation and file accordingly.
- May assist client service personnel with the development of customized client reports. Activities include: collection of data, analysis of data, and development of report.
- May assist laboratory personnel with the preparation and analysis of samples.
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process.
- This position has the responsibilities and authority to identify departures from the quality system or test procedures and document such observations in accordance with the prescribed complaint system.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- Must be able to type 45 WPM
- This position requires a basic knowledge of computer operation skills to manipulate keyboard while entering incoming sample information into the LIMS.
- A basic knowledge of microbiology and chemistry is helpful to effectively assign proper sample and test codes.
- A broad knowledge of personal computer software and data entering skills is necessary to input data into the LIMS and generate special reports.
- Organizational skills are required to keep track of all sample and documentation.
- Time management skills are useful to ensure that the sample is quickly prepared for testing.
- Written and oral communication skills are essential to obtain or clarify test instructions with clients.
- General office skills are useful to complete faxing, filing, and other related duties for the department.
At Mérieux NutriSciences, testing the safety and quality of consumer goods is our mission, but using cutting edge science and technology to do it is what fuels us in our day-to-day work. We’re a team of analysts, technicians, chemists, microbiologists and more, putting our collective brainpower to work on the tests that keep consumers safe—and keep us hungry for more “Eureka!” moments. Driven by our appetite for science, we’ve perfected our process for protecting public health down to, well, a science. From our Receiving Crew all the way to our Diagnostics Division, there’s no madness in our methods. Every day, through our shared love of science, we work together to isolate and identify foodborne pathogens—and through our shared passion for protecting public health, we put those findings to work. The team at Mérieux NutriSciences will burn the midnight Bunsen if necessary to meet the needs of the manufacturers, food processors, caterers, restaurants and retailers who depend on us. Through our testing, labeling, auditing, consulting, training, research and sensory services, we’re crossing t’s and dotting i’s to uncover the results that will protect the wellbeing of consumers across the globe. With our North American headquarters in Chicago, Mérieux NutriSciences was built on a strong foundation of scientific legacy and expertise. Our history began in 1897 with the creation Institut Mérieux, which was founded on a commitment to improving the health of people around the world. Through expansion and acquisition, what is today known as Mériex NutriSciences is a worldwide force throughout North, Latin and South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. With facilities in 22 countries, Mérieux NutriSciences employs more than 7,000 people working in nearly 100 accredited laboratories. Our bread and butter is food safety and quality, but we’re here to protect a variety of industries, everything from cosmetics to pet food.
ALLOWED SCHOOL YEARS