Please visit our website at whizzkidsacademy.com
Join the progressive Whizz Kids Team! Our Lake Forest Park location is in search of Passionate Early Childhood Educators to be the Lead Teachers and Assistant Teachers in our Toddler Classrooms. We are an Early Achievers Level 3+ program that operates a year-round, all-day (M-F) educational program that serves children ages 12 months to six years.
WKA provides opportunities for advancement!
Whizz Kids Academy values the cultural diversity of our faculty, families, and community. We welcome everyone without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, nationality, marital status, gender, age, sexual orientation, or ability.
We embrace diversity and inclusion by showing respect and acceptance by celebrating our differences. Our vision is to educate and prepare our children to become Social Justice champions when unjust situations arise.
Our philosophy is inspired by the schools of Reggio Emilia incorporating an emergent curriculum in a child-centered environment. Teachers are committed to observation and documentation, reflecting children’s work back to them in the classroom, as well as online through Easyfolio with daily teacher feedback, photo boards, and learning stories for families.
Here at Whizz Kids we value our teachers and believe in self care. We do our best to provide extra staff support in the classrooms and to accommodate a life/work balance. We are a team and care for one another.
Float Teacher Responsibilities:
- insuring the safety of all children in your care at all times
- providing breaks and planning time for teachers – maintaining the schedule
- Assisting lead teachers in the classroom throughout the day and/or nap time
- Changing diapers
- Taking out garbage and recycling on a regular basis
- Kitchen duties
- Assisting Director when needed
- Lunch duties when cook is sick or on vacation
- Model anti-bias practices and cultural sensitivity
- help maintain a safe, clean and orderly environment