Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. Over 12M users across 200k+ companies trust us with their video communication. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies, including Netflix, HubSpot, Atlassian, Juniper Networks, and Twitter.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised over $200 million from top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, and Andreessen Horowitz.
Loom is excited to be offering engineering internships for Summer 2022 for candidates who are pursuing a Bachelor’s degree program in Computer Science or a related field with an anticipated graduation date on or after December 2022. Our second intern class will work closely with our engineering team to help build the next iteration of our creation and collaboration tools for Loom. As a company, we are looking to accelerate information flow between every member of the global workforce. You will work on well-scoped projects that help us continue to expand Loom’s usefulness as a workplace communication tool. For example: working with our Create team making Loom’s recording tools faster and more delightful, helping our Infrastructure team make our services more performance and resilient, or exploring better ways of surfacing the right content to users within our shared team library with our Company team.
By the end of your internship, we hope that you will walk away confident and fulfilled. You will have delivered tangible value to our 12M+ strong users while collaborating with a world-class product, design, & engineering team. You will also have learned new skills and gained experience in a high-growth startup that will give you a great perspective for your future career aspirations.
Note: We are unable to have interns internationally and only open to the US at this time.
- Over three months, you will be paired with a Software Engineer at Loom and tasked with a fully scoped project to build a new feature for Loom. The goal is that this feature will be a functioning engineering artifact by the time you complete your internship. The team may then launch the feature to production.
- If you are on one of our UI teams, you will be responsible for building a beautiful and snappy UI experience in a key area of our product, helping improve our video creation or collaboration tools.
- In partnership with your engineering host, you will work through an end-to-end development lifecycle: conception, exploration, iteration, maintenance, and polish.
- Our Product, Design, and Infrastructure teams will collaborate with you in development of the feature
What We’re Looking For:
- Pursuing an undergraduate technical degree in Computer Science or related field or training experience with a focus on subjects in software development with an anticipated graduation date of December 2022 or Summer 2023
- Curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Great design intuition and user empathy.
- Passion for UI fluidity and performance.