Business Leadership Program – Global Sales
The BLP Hypothesis
Four years ago we asked ourselves a question: What would happen if we connected the brightest entry level talent with world-class training, exposure to our leaders, and meaningful work opportunities? We decided it was worth it to find out. In July of 2013, we launched the Business Leadership Program – Global Sales (BLP-GS), an entry level talent program focused on providing the brightest minds with the best business and sales foundation.
What is BLP?
LinkedIn's Business Leadership Program – Global Sales is a 6 month rotational program designed to identify, inspire and develop future sales professionals and leaders.
You will begin your professional journey at LinkedIn with a cohort of associates. In your first week, you'll focus on building foundational knowledge of what matters to us the most from our leaders: our mission and vision and our culture and values. You will then spend 6 months rotating through Global Customer Operations (2 months), Business Bootcamp (2 weeks) and Talent Acquisition (~2-3 months). Your learning journey continues by strengthening your sales skills in Sales Development (minimum of 12 months). These experiences will equip you with key business, sales and leadership skills – you will learn how we build teams, solve member and customer challenges, and sell our vision.
To date, BLP-GS has welcomed over 250 associates and served as a successful training ground for careers inside and outside of our Global Sales Organization at LinkedIn. We are committed to helping you develop your core business skills, while preparing you for your full-time role in Sales Development.
What do we look for in candidates?
We are a mission driven company that believes in creating economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. We're looking for candidates who identify with our mission & vision and want to grow both personally and professionally.
Additionally, our prospective associates are highly motivated leaders with demonstrated success who want a career in our sales organization, and who one day desire to build and lead teams and organizations.
- Work in a team environment to accomplish shared goals
- Manage a variety of projects during rotations
- Achieve weekly metrics and provide management with updates
- Obtain a degree by May 2018
- Strong interest in a career in technology sales
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Exceptional communication and relationship-building skills
- Strong work ethic and effective time management skills
- Resilience and ability to embrace change
- A collaborative and winning attitude
- Strong regard for LinkedIn's mission, vision, culture, and values
- Passion for generating new ideas and processes to help LinkedIn improve, innovate, and scale
BLP-GS will introduce cohorts in two locations in 2018 in the San Francisco Bay Area and Chicago:
- - In their first 6 months, SF Bay Area Associates may rotate between our offices located in San Francisco, Mountain View and Sunnyvale, CA. Associates will then be placed in their full-time role in Sales Development in San Francisco, CA.
- - Chicago Associates will be based in our Chicago office for their first 6 months of rotations, and for their full-time role in Sales Development.
This role will be based in either Chicago or San Francisco, depending on which location the candidate approved for hire chooses