The Law Office of James R. Walsh is a small, however busy worker’s compensation and personal injury firm. We represent the injured against complex bureaucracy. We seek newly-graduated legal interns who will be hard-working and seek experience before pondering and/or pursuing law school. Spanish speakers are preferred, however not mandatory. Pay increases and promotion opportunities are available with increases in responsibilities.
Legal interns will learn the following skills throughout their work here:
- Managing a caseload of workers’ compensation and personal injury claims by preparing cases in litigation and completing deadlines.
- Sending out daily correspondence to clients from insurance companies and governmental agencies translating and describing in layman’s terms their legal rights and responsibilities.
- Scanning documents received and filing them into appropriate cases both in their physical files and in their digital files on the client database.
- Consoling and assisting fragile clients undergoing stressful circumstances involving at-times serious injuries and economic insecurity with a complex bureaucratic insurance system.
- Assisting in drafting, formatting, and filing documents, motions, and pleadings in numerous jurisdictions.
- Assembling litigation binders with pertinent medical, vocational, and economic evidence for key witnesses in preparation of oral arguments, mediations, depositions, hearings, and trials.
- Assisting clients in routine management of their claims through their filing of required documents and attendance of required appointments and vocational sessions.
- Calling claim managers, doctor’s offices, or other parties to facilitate the client’s reasonable expectation of continued receipt of government benefits.
- Assisting in the scheduling of appointments and depositions and in responses to discovery requests directed to our clients.
- Utilizing a copier/scanner/printer machine, fax machine, mailing machine, multi-line phone system and desktop computers with Thomson Reuters Prolaw, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Pro.
Please let us know if you have any questions about the position at: email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you and hope we can provide valuable experience as you pursue a legal career.
— James R. Walsh and Joshua L Hughes.