Don’t miss a great opportunity to work with our research team in Kimberly, ID this summer. The Research Intern will support the research activities for sugarbeet variety development and with the overall management of research plots and develop an operational knowledge in the area of seed research.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist with data collection in field trials, such as stand counts, stand ratings, and disease ratings.
• Supervise temporary work crews.
• Assist in trial management including to but not limited to seeding, cultivating, and harvesting.
• Assist as needed with regulated Yield Trials.
• Work non-standard hours as needed.
• Assist with maintaining the research station grounds and facilities as needed.
• Travel and/or drive on behalf of the business.
• Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Associate Degree program pursuing Agriculture, Agronomy, Soil Sciences, Horticulture or related field.
• Strong computer skills.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Able to work weekends and varying hours.
• Valid Driver’s License and the ability to travel.
• Basic farm and crop science knowledge
• Experience operating farm equipment.
• Experience in agriculture research.
• Demonstrated experience working independently.
• Strong problem solving, decision making and organizational skills.