KOBI-TV NBC5 in the beautiful Rogue Valley is looking for a Multimedia Journalist/Weekend Weather Forecaster to join our NBC5 News at Sunrise Team. The ideal candidate loves breaking news and weather, constantly improves newscasts and is flexible right up to and through the newscast. Writing and storytelling must be a passion, as well as creating an artful newscast with high pace and volume. Proficiency with a newsroom computer system and knowledge of social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, are requirements.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing story ideas and story leads
- Researching and writing original reports for broadcast and social media
- Gathering meteorological information from weather services and satellite feeds
- Presenting informative and dynamic weathercasts during daily newscasts
- Preparing computer-generated weather reports using a weather graphics system
- Radio weather reporting
- Developing content for social media platforms
To qualify for this position, you must have:
- College degree and/or equivalent meteorology and/or reporting experience
- On-air experience
- Knowledge of news gathering and production
- The ability to professionally report news on-air
- Writing, editing, organizational and reporting skills
*Please include a link to your news reel*
This is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week. Our benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan, health care spending account, life insurance, short term disability, paid sick leave, paid vacations, and paid holidays.
KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 is licensed by the FCC; therefore, we must follow federal guidelines. Since marijuana is still illegal on a federal level, if offered a position, a candidate would be required pass a 10-panel drug screen, which does include marijuana. A 3-year driving record check and a 7-year criminal background check are also pre-employment requirements, for a candidate offered the position. As well, we also require all hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please send your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to the physical address below:
125 South Fir Street
Medford, OR 97501
To be considered for this position, you must also include the following:
- The subject line of your email must include the job title listed above.
- The body of your email must include verbiage that includes the title of the job posting.
- Send resume in Word or PDF format only.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.