The Rotational Development Program (RDP) is designed to prepare you for a key cross-departmental role within the firm. During the program, you will spend structured time in 3-5 sub-groups of Jane Street’s Infrastructure Group. These sub-groups include compliance, finance, settlements, risk, and more.
During each of your rotations, you will be working on projects that help you understand each group’s fundamental functions as well as its role within the firm. These projects include:
- Analyzing data from various sources and communicating relevant findings to different internal groups.
- Identifying bottlenecks in current processes and implementing solutions to streamline them.
- Integrating new business initiatives into our operational, regulatory, and technical infrastructure.
The role includes a mix of project management and rolling up your sleeves, with a goal of helping you develop a comprehensive understanding of Jane Street’s business.
If this position sounds interesting but you’re looking for an internship opportunity please consider our Business Development Internship, listed under our open Infrastructure positions.
While we don’t expect you to have a background in any specific field, we are looking for smart people who enjoy solving difficult problems. You should:
- Have the aptitude for developing a broad range of technical skills, e.g., querying databases, understanding and/or creating computer code.
- Be comfortable comprehending high-level concepts, including technical, financial, legal, etc.; applying the concepts to make informed, concrete decisions; and then taking the necessary steps to ensure those decisions are executed.
- Be proactive and self-motivated with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be a reliable, courteous, and flexible team player.
If you’re interested in applying, please submit an application at www.janestreet.com/apply – please note that we do not review submissions in Handshake for this role. In order to be considered, you must submit an application through our website.