Freelance Product Designer
iTrackBites is a mobile first health brand that believes in inspiring weight loss through community support. Our mission is simple: to democratize weight loss – one person, one pound, one BITE at a time.
The iTrackBites app makes it easy to track foods, plan healthy meals, and celebrate progress. We offer a variety of diet plans that allow users to customize their weight loss journey to suit all body types and dietary objectives. The iTrackBites community has grown to nearly 2 million users because our diet plans are simple, effective, and backed by science.
We have built a team of curious skeptics, world-class engineers, Y-Combinator founders, expert marketers and product strategists that are on a mission to democratize weight loss. We’re profitable, growing quickly, and committed to our mission. If you’re a team player who refuses to settle for the status quo, we want you.
Our team is fully remote and distributed across the Americas.
We are looking for a talented Freelance Product Designer to join our growing product team. Working collaboratively with teammates in design, product, engineering, and marketing—you will solve unique design problems and create flows that are as beautiful as they are effective. You will report directly to the VP of Product and Product Manager to produce deliverables for every stage of the design process, effectively leading iTrackBites into a design lead product. The role will also lead and maintain all design styles between the product and all other design needs of the business. The ideal candidate is energized by the idea of tackling ambitious, measurable challenges as our mobile and web platforms undergo a redesign and scale to new demographics.
What You’ll Do
- Produce deliverables for every stage of the design process – storyboards, wireframes, user flows, interactive prototypes, and pixel-perfect mockups and accompanying visual assets for web and mobile.
- Work closely with the VP of Product, Product Manager, CEO and engineers through the product design and planning process
- Collaborate with engineers to support the engineering needs as well as finding solutions to engineering challenges as they relate to design
- Work with marketing and community team to create assets for content posts and some marketing assets
- Help lead and maintain a consistent and elegant style throughout product, marketing, community, and PR
- Work across the entire business stack and make an impact at different stages of the product: building vision & strategy, ensuring all the loose ends are tied up when executing, and making sure the operational components to support onboarding are in place
Who You Are
- Designer — You have an eye for color, typography, icons, use of space, and visual hierarchy. You excel in an agile environment, taking in primary and secondary research to inform deliberate design decisions.
- Communicator — You understand the importance of being able to both brainstorm with the wider team as well as articulate your individual design decisions. You’re all about efficiency and are able to work in a fast-paced environment and rely on strong communication skills to keep on task and flag project inconsistencies.
- Problem Solver — Your solutions take creative perspectives and new angles towards problems that guide the user every step of the way to solve real problems. You’re able to step in and think through design flows, accounting for different states and their system-wide implications.
- Self-Starter — We are looking for someone passionate about working at an early stage and fast moving start-up. This role is not for someone who feels most comfortable in a large organization. Proactivity and speed of learning are valued equally to existing hard skills and experience.
- Leader — We are in need of someone with the leadership experience and knowledge to confidently drive our design efforts and to work closely with data, testing, and user research to find the ultimate best solutions. You define the entire design processes, and how it functions effectively within the team and product.
- Reliable — We are a fully remote, distributed team. You must be comfortable and productive in this setting. Just enough communication is key, and someone who can thrive in this type of setup is a must.
What You Need
- Education — Degree in fine art, design, interaction design, or related field. Equivalent work experience also accepted.
- Experience — You’re comfortable defining design principles, systems, processes, and ensuring seamless communication across all teams. You have experience with both iOS and Android mobile platforms as well as web applications. You can create and maintain an effective design system.
- Portofolio — You have an outstanding portfolio, with presentable case studies showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, product sense, interactive prototyping, and idea generation
- Cross-Functional Skills — You can work effectively with engineering, marketing, design and product management teams. You can organize and deliver design specifications and assets for engineering to seamlessly integrate into code
- Flexibility — You’re comfortable jumping in to design for marketing and social content
- Tools — Expertise with Figma or other design tools used for wireframes, mockups and interactive prototypes
- Comfortable and effective to work in the GMT-3 to GMT-10 timezones
- Illustration or animation experience is a plus