Who We Are
At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people form achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create person to person bridges between nations.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
The Human Resources Associate will assist the human resources team with complex and specialized high level administrative tasks to support all HR functions. The incumbent will provide administrative assistance and day to day coordination of HR functions that include but are not limited to HRIS support, benefits administration, HR, professional development, staff recognition, performance management, learning and development, vendor relationship and management bill processing and reconciliation, etc.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field
- 1 – 2 years of experience in human resources
- Experience effectively working with individuals from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Knowledge of the development sector and strong interest in world affairs.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to develop and implement practical solutions.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work collaboratively in a team environment is required.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Pro required.
- Ability to handle confidential information discretely and with tact.
- Attention to detail and ability to ability to check own work to ensure accuracy.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, ability to prioritize work and meets deadlines.
- Generally strong HR-related technology proficiency and understanding required.
- Experience or ability to work across multiple global time zones as required.
- Strong ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English is required; multilingual skills a plus.
- Strong influencing skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Your Daily Tasks
- Conducts high level administrative tasks associated with all HR functions from recruitment through onboarding, benefits administration, performance management, learning and development, separation, etc.
- Maintains accurate and complete information in the HRIS and provides reports as needed.
- Assists with compliance, audits and mandatory reporting
- Provides assistance and support on all matters relating to work authorization and global mobility.
- Serves as back-up to other team members as assigned.
- Assists in the preparation of reports, graphs, charts, and statistics in support of the Human Resources unit.
- Researches and proactively recommends solutions in all areas of work.
- Carries out data entry and develops processes to ensure data integrity, including evaluation and data audit. Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and processes, ensuring supervisor is apprised.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all vendors to promote smooth service delivery.
- Maintains professionalism and confidentiality in all interactions with staff at all times.
- Assists in developing, implementing and maintaining standard processes for human resources functions.
- Ensures the delivery of best-in-class customer services to employees.
- Maintains all platforms for communicating with employees, including the HRIS home page, SharePoint page, etc.
- Maintains the internal HR Calendar and alerts the unit of key deadlines.
- Responds to employment verification requests accurately and appropriately.
- Creates, distributes, and tracks staff surveys and training evaluations
- Conducts audit of HR personnel files as needed.
- Participates in developing unit goals, objectives, and project plans. Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and unit results in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to affect continual improvements in efficiency of unit and services performed.
- Trains and supports tasks assigned to interns and other staff
- All other duties as assigned.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is eligible for Telework.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled