Multimedia Designer Internship with Harvard-based Non-profit (fully remote)
Position: Multimedia Designer Intern
Department: Brand Marketing Team
Location: Fully remote
Salary: Unpaid, volunteer
Hours: Full-time, Part-time
Reports to: Design Lead & Brand Marketing Lead
humanID (part of the Bluenumber Foundation), is an anonymous, nonprofit and open-source online identity, replacing invasive Social Sign-Ins (SSOs) such as ‘Login with Facebook’, or Google’s ReCAPTCHA. The login enables complete privacy at full convenience. No password, no data stored. At the same time, we enable communities to block bots and abusive users.
We are a volunteer-driven nonprofit where volunteers & interns take over real responsibilities. Team members will work directly with the 4 founders, who include seasoned entrepreneurs & 2 HBS graduates. You’ll be working in a real startup environment, and be able to build connections across the tech and philanthropic world. We’ve built an awesome team and a product that can change the world!
To learn more about our organization, visit our website at www.human-id.org.
At humanID, all roles and tasks are adjusted to your specific learning objectives. You will have the opportunity to lead teams, initiatives, sales calls and much more. We care about your professional development and focus on every individual’s learning journey.
About the role
Summary of job function
As a Multimedia Designer for humanID, you will play a major role in upkeeping and communicating the mission and message in combating misinformation and disinformation via visual aesthetics, Iconography, web design, and other multimedia tools and software. Also, by finding new ways our brand can be represented online. You will also receive a chance to both showcase and improve on your designing and editing skills. As an intern, you will have the chance to lead various projects and collaborate with other team members to present new ideas and explore new possibilities as working to fight misinformation and preserve privacy is important and rewarding.
- Develop infographics and other visual material for various marketing purposes.
- Create videos to illustrate the problems we’re solving, and tell our story.
- Work with other teams to review and improve our wordpress-based website.
- Work with the Product team on UIUX solutions for new features and products.
- Design and prototype user interfaces with Figma
- Revise previous work to create a unified aesthetic for our brand materials
- Elaborate on and expand our current branding guidelines for the company
- Develop iconography and graphics for various article posts, social media visuals/posts, and website visuals.
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro)
- Strong ability to communicate ideas visually and verbally
- Desire to learn more about cybersecurity and help develop our brand
- An eye for detail
- Leadership on projects and initiative in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn new software tools
- Take pride in content developed, and have fun with it
- Ability to take constructive criticism
Immense Flexibility on Location & Working Hours
Roles can be part-time or full-time and will be unpaid. You will take on significant responsibility and make a direct positive impact! We are actively recruiting year-round for applicants that can commit at least 15 hours a week for at least 3 months. We are looking for new joiners starting anytime, year-round.
humanID has been completely remote and globally set up even before the pandemic, and welcomes team members from anywhere in the world, under the condition that your working hours of choice have a significant overlap with U.S. Eastern Time.