HR and Operations Intern
Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) are the leading cause of death and disability, globally — yet there continues to be an underinvestment in action and financing.
The Health Finance Institute (HFI) is a global-health start-up working to change this. We are on a mission to develop tailored financing solutions that generate the greatest impact by using, translating, and analyzing evidence to prioritize and educate investments for foundations, funders, and investors. We aim to use catalytic capital investments for NCDs and fuel financial and economic returns, as well as social and health gains in the short- and long-term. We are global health and blended finance specialists that work with the private sector, countries, financial partners, and international organizations to develop partnerships between the public and private sector to address the NCD financing gap.
We are seeking an energetic, responsible HR and Operations Intern to continue and accelerate the groundbreaking work that Health Finance Institute embarks on. This intern will work within the Operations Department and will report to the HR and Operations Manager.
Duties or Responsibilities:
The HR and Operations Intern will assist the HR & Operations Manager to ensure the smooth running of the organization, specifically helping with the following:
- HR: managing staff documentation, including contracts and staff handbooks or policies, developing the onboarding and offboarding pack, assisting with the recruitment procedures;
- Operations: meeting organization, project management, managing and reconciling databases and inputting information, monitoring workflow, maximizing procedural efficiency; and
- Accounts: reconciling expenses and the annual budget
If you enjoy keeping things organized, implementing structures and systems, and dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s, this could be the role for you!
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or recently graduated in a related discipline (HR, organizational development, management, finance, business, project management)
- 1-2 year of prior work experience or internships in accounting, HR, operations, organizational development or management
- An interest in learning about all aspects of how an organization works
- A pragmatic and goal-oriented working style
- Energy and eagerness to tackle new projects and ideas
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and work with colleagues in multiple teams
- An eye for detail
- Great team player, organized and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with project management platforms like Asana
- Experience working with SharePoint and other Microsoft Office products
- Experience working with G-Suite
More about the position:
Start date: June 1, 2021 End Date: August 27, 2021
Time Commitment: Expectation of about 40 hours a week, unless that doesn’t work for academic or other commitments
Benefits of joining our team:
- Stipend to support expenses while interning
- Opportunity to learn and develop skills with clear learning goals, dedicated coaching, and a supportive team
- Opportunity to learn from leading global health experts across multiple sectors and geographies
- Opportunity to contribute to impactful projects saving lives
- Opportunity to be part of a strong, collaborative, and dynamic team who aim to re-invent how global health financing works
- Flexible schedule and teleworking options
- Ability for growth across multiple dimensions including project management, leadership, and technical skill sets and expertise
- Great scope for networking with senior leadership of global impact organizations
Application process: Please email a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Application timeline: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. All applications will be reviewed upon receipt and qualified candidates will then be contacted. No phone calls please.