HCZ requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Accordingly, successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
When students enter HCZ Promise Academy Charter Schools, we make a promise to help each and every one get to and through college. Everything we give our students—from world-class instruction and exceptional extracurricular activities to social emotional support and healthy meals—is aimed at fulfilling that promise.
We are seeking a Literacy Director for Promise Academy. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for the mission of HCZ Promise Academy, an understanding and respect for the culture of all residents of Harlem, and a desire for working in a school setting that fosters a love for children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the design and implementation of overall literacy improvement across both elementary schools
- Evaluates effectiveness of the team based on evidence of teacher growth
- Oversees the collection of literacy-based data evaluating progress and adjusting as necessary
- Monitors team members literacy portfolios assessing data and holding employees accountable to their goals
- Develops and facilitates professional development on literacy curricula and pedagogy for leaders and teachers
- Observes literacy instruction across schools to support our leaders in prioritizing next steps for teachers to ensure that literacy instruction is implemented at a consistently high level
- Creates systems to ensure teachers and leaders are using data to drive literacy instruction
- Manages a high functioning team that is able to execute effectively and meet deadlines
- Works in conjunction with other content areas to facilitate and support literacy development and implementation across all departments
Qualification, Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- A dedication and commitment to the mission of HCZ Promise Academy
- Master’s degree with at least 3 years of administrative/supervisory experience
- 2 – 5 years teaching experience in an urban school setting is desired
- New York State certification in Reading or Literacy is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We offer competitive salaries with performance-based bonuses, a comprehensive benefits package, and a low student-teacher ratio. To be considered, interested applicants must apply online or submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.