Unique position! Great Books Summer Program is looking for an experienced, hands-on, Associate Marketing Manager to develop and lead marketing initiatives for its online and on-campus programs!
We are Great Books Summer Program (GBSP), one of the country’s pre-eminent academic summer programs for middle and high school students. We regularly offer camps on campuses in the US and internationally including Amherst, Oxford, Haverford, Stanford, Northwestern, Trinity Dublin, Beijing, and Online. GBSP attracts top students from around the world. We teach critical thinking and writing skills through challenging and fun college-style seminars and workshops. We are a small, growing, entrepreneurial company with a history of punching above our weight.
We’re looking for a superior, proven, action-oriented marketer to drive our growth.
The right candidate? You are a top notch thinker and doer. You are smart. You love marketing, and you love to win. And you are ready to help propel an organically growing business to the next level. This is a growth position; your successful efforts will be rewarded.
GBSP’s Associate Marketing Manager researches, creates, and designs online, social, TV, radio, mail, and print campaigns. Enthusiastically tracks and analyzes the performance of advertising campaigns, managing the marketing budget and ensuring that all marketing communicates our brand and unique offerings. Has significant hands-on experience with web analytics tools and is able to turn creative ideas into effective advertising. Ultimately, you will help us build and maintain a strong and consistent brand and drive our growth through a range of online and offline marketing channels.
• Help Develop strategies and tactics to drive qualified traffic to our door
• Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation
• Innovate and test content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, , social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis
• Produce valuable and engaging content for our website and blog that attracts and converts
• Build strategic relationships
• Help to prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis
• Oversee and approve marketing material, from website banners to hard copy brochures and case studies
• Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
• Analyze consumer behavior and adjust email and advertising campaigns accordingly
• Help manage department workload, utilizing strong project management and peer influencing skills
• Researches target audience and competitors
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree from a top college in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, English or related field
• 3 to 6 years marketing experience and real achievements to show for it. (If you are farther along in your career and have a commensurately longer record of true achievement to go with it, we want to hear from you, too).
• Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills; ability to effectively communicate with multiple audiences.
• Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate
• Solid knowledge of website analytics tools and experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
• Numerical fluency and skill at working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets
• Solid project management skills; can lead, manage and influence tasks and budgets diligently
We are based in Fairfield, CT. Ideal applicant is located in the North East, but we will consider all candidates with the right background and skills.
You MUST submit a cover letter addressing why you believe you are an excellent match to this position. No resume without a cover letter will be considered. Market yourself!