Google Domains fills a critical gap in Google’s offering to SMBs by not only making the domain registration process simple and engaging, but also by making it easy for SMBs to get the services they need to build their presence online. As part of this mission, Google Domains serves customers directly through its own storefront ( domains.google ) as well as providing registrar platform services to other product areas and entry points.
We are a small team at Google where key functions (such as Marketing & Business Development) are embedded within the product area itself. This enables us to work very closely together (across Marketing, PM, Eng, UX, Legal, Business Development, Support etc) to drive Google’s domains growth together.
The Email Marketing Specialist will be responsible for planning & implementing various email campaigns for Google Domains, which includes creating programs from concept to design or optimizing current programs, determining target audience based on preference and behaviors, monitoring data and data process flows, scheduling campaigns (bulk and trigger/transactional), aggregating campaigns and tracking results.
They will work closely with our email production agency to create, send (and automate when required) and report on all email marketing campaigns. We are looking for an email marketer with experience growing products who is excited about taking Google Domains to the next level through customer acquisition, onboarding programs and experimentation. This role would report to the Head of Marketing.
- Targeting, production and reporting of Google Domains nurture and marketing emails
- Management of all ongoing automated/lifecycle emails
- Ad hoc, weekly and monthly KPI reporting
- Managing experiments to get the best results for our business from our email program
- Manage agency resources to design, develop, write copy and deploy new email campaigns
- Managing the global email calendar and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 1 year email marketing experience or 1-4 years in product or digital marketing
- Strong project management skills & ability to work effectively in teams of varying sizes
- Experience managing large scale and nimble marketing campaigns
- Candidates should also have a solid understanding of the creative elements, advertising, and marketing, brand positioning and business development
- Experience working as an embedded email marketer in product and/or engineering teams
- Strong digital marketing background with results based approach to experimentation
- Experience in acquisition marketing, customer marketing, and cross-sell marketing programs
- Previous success in scaling operations to new countries and regions
- Knowledge of and experience with marketing to small business owners
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations, action plans, and campaigns
- Strong understanding of brand and creative development, experience managing agency resources
- Aggressive attention to detail and an eye for design
- Able to stretch -- at times you will lead a creative idea from concept creation, while at others you will need to support your team to ensure the job gets done