The Ramani Lab is looking to hire a research associate to assist with wet-lab research in the lab. The Ramani Lab develops and applies novel sequencing technologies to study transcriptional regulation at genome-scale. These include methods to measure chromosome structure, chromosome accessibility, and transcriptional programs in diverse cell types and under different extracellular conditions. The research associate will specifically be involved in generating single-cell and single-molecule sequencing libraries for the Illumina and PacBio sequencing platforms, performing various molecular biological experiments within the lab, and analyzing and reporting on sequencing data results. Candidates should have previous computational experience, some prior molecular biology experience, strong organizational & communication skills, and be capable of working independently.
The Research Associate will be responsible for carrying out diverse experiments to support the Ramani Lab’s goal of using high-throughput sequencing to understand how mammalian genomes are regulated under different conditions. As such, the research associate will be responsible for carrying out basic and complex molecular biological experiments to create sequencing libraries compatible with various high-throughput sequencing machines. Applicants will be expected to follow and often generate detailed molecular biological protocols to barcode, amplify, and otherwise process both DNA and RNA samples from mammalian cells. Applicants will also be expected to perform quality-control experiments to validate these samples, and sequence these samples on appropriate sequencing instruments. The applicant will also be expected to help analyze and graph the data generated using extant or novel computational pipelines. The Research Associate will also be expected to assist with ordering reagents, aiding with lab organization, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Associates degree and 2+ years of relevant experience or B.S./B.A. degree in a relevant field at the time of hire, and some previous molecular biology laboratory experience.
- Scripting/bioinformatics experience (i.e. Python, R, C++, UNIX)
- A degree may be in process at the time of application submission, however, the degree must be processed by the appointment effective date.
- Experience with mammalian tissue culture.
- Laboratory experience generating sequencing libraries for the Illumina and / or Pacific Biosciences platforms.
- Experience with single-cell/low-input sequencing technologies.
- Experience in performing or analyzing flow cytometry experiments
- Experience handling mice and/or mouse tissues