Giving Compass is looking for an Editorial Intern who has a genuine interest in the nonprofit sector, philanthropy and social impact. You’ll be instrumental in helping Giving Compass recruit, retain and engage a group of donors/consumers that care about impact-driven philanthropy.
We’re seeking someone who will help us grow our library of aggregated and original content. The ideal candidate is a news junkie who can identify compelling stories and write snappy editorial summaries to help our growing audience better understand effective and impactful philanthropy. You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with a close-knit team.
We value diversity, open & honest communications, agility, customer centricity, collaboration, and we are data driven. We believe in the power of gratitude. We offer competitive compensation and extraordinary opportunities for making a positive impact on society.
The editorial intern will gain the following skills:
- Writing for the nonprofit sector
- Basic knowledge of performance analytics (Google)
- Basic SEO
- Curate philanthropy content, including articles, guides, video and audio
- Write editorial summaries for each curated piece
- Choose imagery for articles
- Write SEO meta descriptions and headlines
- Commit to an editorial project to take place over the course of the internship
- Provide deliverables on an agreed upon schedule
- College student, preferably with English, journalism or communication concentration or equivalent experience
- Strong writing, editing and research skills
- Teamwork and collaboration: Ability to foster strong working relationships with team members and cross-functional partners
- Interest in the philanthropic sector and the consumer and social software industry and trends