Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
We are looking for an experienced person to join our marketing team based in Kirkland. The
marketing focus will be supporting the marketing department’s initiatives with planning,
executing, and tracking marketing programs such as email, event, social media, content marketing, collateral, etc., helping to transform GenCap’s qualifications and experience into a compelling visual story. Serving as the Brand and Marketing Manager’s right-hand person, the Marketing Coordinator stays informed about marketing initiatives, branding, and event plans. Day to day, he or she may be coordinating social media content, building relationships with industry partners, and supporting all employee engagement with marketing and branding efforts. The perfect candidate will have strong organizational and project management skills, coupled with graphic design abilities, excellent writing, and communication skills, who thrives in different situations and can perform a variety of responsibilities.
The GenCap based Marketing Coordinator will work closely with our affiliate company
marketing team and will report to the GenCap Marketing and Brand Manager.
Request for Proposals
• Develop proposal timeline planner and track content due dates and input across the
• Develop “shell” proposal documents as well as standard graphic and visual content to
streamline future proposal efforts
• Create a library of proposal content for easy access, focused on GenCap differentiators
and common Owner/Customer proposal content requests, such as Team
Integration/Collaboration, Project Approach, Team Organization, Quality, Safety,
Scheduling, Partner Selection and Procurement, and BIM/Visual Design and
PR, Outreach & Event Strategy
• Develop and deliver corporate social media outreach to enhance organizational
reputation, increase brand awareness, promote marketing efforts, and drive customer
acquisition. Ensure that messaging remains consistent throughout campaigns, promotional
launches, and events.
• Coordinate and implement outreach and charitable/community events
• Keep promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements, inventorying stock,
placing orders, and verifying receipts.
• Manage and oversee events on the day, including problem-solving, welcoming guests,
directing event set-up, communicating with staff, organizing vendors, managing takedown,
maintaining budget requirements, and issuing follow-up reports.
• Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, entertainers, photographers, schedule speakers, and
stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order.
Coordinating event venue, seating, dining, and entertainment, including music,
performers, and guest speakers.
• Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything adheres to the
• Assist in the preparation of marketing proposals, presentations, flyers, maps,
renderings, event invitations, email blasts, and other materials as needed
• Liaise with third party marketing vendors such as photographers, signage, website, and
collateral vendor relationships
• Assist with updating the company website
• Ensure that all materials are error-proof, visually and grammatically, and ensure a
consistent voice for the project.
• Plan meetings by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements, establishing
contacts, and developing schedules and assignments.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or
• Demonstrable experience managing marketing databases, email, social media, and
display advertising campaigns.
• Must have strong analytical skills to analyze metrics and create reports.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and outstanding copywriting and
• Strong project management and organizational skills, including attention to detail and
ability to multi-task.
• Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize
tasks and meet deadlines.
• Must be highly motivated and a team player who can actively contribute to the
company’s overall objectives.
• Capable of reprioritizing demands and understanding the big picture.
• Solid computer skills and proficiency with the following:
• Google Drive software (Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides).
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Adobe Creative (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
• Must have a high level of creativity.
• Innovative thinker.
- Construction industry experience is preferred by not required.