Garden Counseling & Wellness Group
Mental Health Therapist Job Description
Garden Counseling & Wellness Group (GCWG) is hiring part-time and full-time clinical therapists to provide virtual counseling services to our clients and patients. These counseling services include treatment of individuals seeking support for various mental health concerns, such as anxiety, depression and various work, school and life stressors. We are currently looking for therapists who are passionate about mental health, providing care to marginalized and underserved communities and ready to be a part of a fun, collaborative and growing team. If this sounds like you, please apply!
About Garden Counseling & Wellness Group: At GCWG, we believe in creating a warm and welcoming environment for our clients and our team. Our mission is to provide quality mental healthcare in an effort to help individuals that we serve live healthier, more enjoyable lives. Our vision is to eliminate mental health stigma by creating diverse representation in the mental health field and by raising awareness and appreciation for mental healthcare. We are a close-knit team that values working collaboratively and helping improve the health and wellness of our communities.
Our Values: GCWG lives by values that guide who we are as a team and how we present to our communities. We hire staff who bring these values to life.
Promoting inclusion: We promote hiring individuals of varying backgrounds, beliefs, and specialties to better serve the diverse and unique experiences of our clients. It’s also important that our team reflects a foundation of diversity, equity, and inclusivity in its culture and practice.
Quality in Work and Life: We honor the idea that the quality of a person’s work starts with the quality of their own life. For this reason, we encourage our team to work hours that fit their life needs, practice consistent self-care and seek additional support when needed.
Additionally, we cultivate quality mental healthcare services by holding high standards for the care we deliver and by offering continuing education, onsite counseling supervision and other opportunities to encourage learning and growth.
Communicating with Care: We believe that communicating with care is a staple in providing quality mental healthcare, having a positive work experience and maintaining healthy relationships in all aspects of life. We practice communicating with care by leading with transparency, providing and receiving gentle feedback, communicating proactively, and listening and responding to our team and client needs in a timely manner.
- Provide counseling services to clients as scheduled and in accordance with company policies.
- Be properly licensed and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for the GCWG.
- Communicate with individuals in clients’ treatment teams (i.e., PCP, psychiatrist, school, etc.) as necessary.
- Complete written records for each client accurately and in a timely manner.
- Attend staff meetings and training as directed.
- Conduct and regulate counseling services in a professional manner so as to maintain and increase the goodwill and representation of GCWG.
- Be respectful of, cooperative and collaborative with co-workers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Align with GCWG mission, vision, and values.
- Have a Master’s Degree or PhD in a mental health related field.
- Hold an active license in the State of WA.
(e.g. LMHCA, LMHC, LCSW, LMFT etc.)
- Have availability to conduct at least 10 client sessions per week.
- Be organized and detail oriented.
- Be able to work independently on tasks assigned.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
Some of the Benefits to working at GCWG:
- Flexible work hours
- Option to work remotely
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Accrued paid sick leave
- Competitive compensation
- Professional development and CEU stipend
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Administrative and scheduling support
- In-house counseling supervision hours available
- Home office equipment (i.e. Macbook, phone, etc.)
- Being a part of a welcoming and supportive team.