Summary of Position
Fraym is seeking a full-time remote data science intern to support our analytical product offerings and improve predictive algorithms in a small data context. You will assist in the execution of data science workflows, assist with package development, and you will contribute to maintenance, refactoring, and documentation of Fraym’s code base.
Sample intern projects could include:
● Creating training data for geographies outside of Africa
● Translating R machine learning algorithms to Python
● Refactoring and documenting R packages
You should have a strong data background, demonstrated skill generating reproducible code, and an interest in getting in the weeds of products and workflows. Preference will be given to applicants with experience working with machine learning algorithms in R and Python.
The data science intern will be fully integrated into Fraym’s data science team and actively contributing to our on-going projects. After the conclusion of a successful internship, there may be potential to join Fraym full-time in the fall or after graduation.
For Summer 2021, the internship start date is June 14. This date is flexible, but you should be available for at least 10 weeks.
This is a remote internship. You must be available during Fraym’s core business hours (10:00 am to 4:00 pm EST). You may need to use a personal computer for the duration of the internship.
Interested? Please submit your application with a resume and short statement answering “Why Fraym.”
You will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or current master’s student in a related field
- At least one-year full-time work experience is preferred
- Experience using R and/or Python
- Experience with supervised machine learning
- Experience with version control using Git
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Exposure to SQL and relational databases
- Exposure to household survey data
- Exposure to geospatial data (vector and raster)
- Enjoy advancing projects both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to quickly develop technical skills and learn new tools
- Good attention to detail
- Desire to work for a mission-based company
Not sure you tick all the boxes? We encourage you to apply. We have a culture of learning, and if this job description sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you.
This is a paid internship. The specific rate is subject to education level and/or experience.
Fraym recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Interested? Please submit your application with a resume, a short statement answering “Why Fraym?”, and a machine learning sample work product. Academic projects are acceptable if they represent your own work.