Summary of Position
Fraym is seeking a full-time remote data engineering intern to support the development of our data pipelines and data management platform. You will assist in the execution of data engineering workflows, assist with the development of cloud processes and data pipelines, and contribute to maintenance, refactoring, and documentation of Fraym’s code base.
Sample intern projects could include:
● Automating the deployment of spatial data processing pipelines to the cloud
● Creating batch ingestion processes for our data management platform
● Developing new features for our internal ETL tools
You should have a strong data background, demonstrated skill generating reproducible code, and an interest in getting in the weeds of products and workflows. Preference will be given to applicants with experience working with unstructured/semi-structured data, building ETL/ELT pipelines, geospatial data structures (vector and raster), and/or doing research in data poor environments.
The data engineering intern will be fully integrated into Fraym’s data science team and actively contributing to our on-going projects. After the conclusion of a successful internship, there may be potential to join Fraym full time in the fall or after graduation.
For Summer 2021, the internship start date is June 14. This date is flexible, but you should be available for at least 10 weeks.
This is a remote internship. You must be available during Fraym’s core business hours (10:00 am to 4:00 pm EST). You may need to use a personal computer for the duration of the internship.
You will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or current master’s student in a related field
- At least 1 year of full-time work experience is preferred
- Experience with Python
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with version control using Git
- Experience with AWS EC2; exposure to other AWS services
- Exposure to object-oriented programming
- Exposure to shell scripting
- Exposure to unit/integration testing
- Exposure to Docker
- Enjoy advancing projects both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to quickly develop technical skills and learn new tools
- Good attention to detail
- Desire to work for a mission-based company
Not sure you tick all the boxes? We encourage you to apply. We have a culture of learning, and if this job description sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you.
This is a paid internship. The specific rate is subject to education level and/or experience.
Fraym recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Interested? Please submit your application with a resume, a short statement answering “Why Fraym?”, and a sample work product. Academic projects are acceptable if they represent your own work.