JOB DESCRIPTION – FINANCE ADMINISTRATOR
Figgins Family Wine Estates is seeking a Finance Administrator with an interest in the wine industry and agriculture. Reporting to the Finance Director, this role is responsible for maintaining the general ledger of the Companies, in addition to various assigned tasks and responsibilities including AR and AP activity processing. This hands-on-role will also provide financial support to all functional areas of the business. Ensuring the day to day integrity of financial information, month/year end close processes, and reconciliations.
- Bookkeeping and collaboration with administrative employees who assist Finance.
- Prepare and critically review financial transactions; verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Manage fixed assets, update CCH Fixed Assets software, and book depreciation.
- Ensure monthly journal entries are prepared and posted to the general ledger timely and accurately for inventory. Ensure integrity of the monthly close cycle process.
- Investigate and resolve uncleared transactions, misapplied payments, and other financial discrepancies. Process stop payments, stale dated checks, check re-issues and voids.
- Crosstrain in alcohol compliance and serve as backup to the Part Time Compliance Administrator.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial/legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and discussing needed actions with management.
- Read and follow IRS form instructions. Basic knowledge of federal tax forms, including but not limited to partnerships, individuals, and independent contractors.
- Ensure payment and accurate billing of all employee benefits and liabilities.
- Ensure all insurance policies and bonds are renewed timely and accurately.
- Using Excel, collect, analyze, and summarize large data sets in collaboration with all departments.
- Ability to process payroll a plus.
- Support the Companies and team by assisting in answering phones, customer relations, and assisting as requested with any functions associated to any entity of the Figgins family.
- Maintain partner confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Complying with internal accounting policies and controls, recommending and making new controls and efficiencies.
- Any other duties as requested by the Finance Director and Members of the organization.
- Able to prioritize tasks and requests from multiple people.
- Willingness to be flexible and versatile.
- Ability to work with the Finance team, juggle multiple situations, and work independently with little supervision or guidance.
- The ideal candidate can learn by example, think logically, and challenge inefficiencies.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must have the quality of patience and disposition to remain professional when under pressure.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, accurately and reliably.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Strong interest in growing professionally, eagerness to research and learn.
- Must be able to use hands repetitively to operate standard office equipment.
- Must be able to lift and carry 45 pounds.
- Must work from the Walla Walla, WA office to collaborate in person with coworkers, Finance Director, and Members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field; or equivalent experience in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- Working knowledge of accounting software.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple project deadlines simultaneously.
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of general accounting procedures and organization.