Epic Games Unreal Engine Sequencer Team is looking for a smart, creative Tools Programmer Intern to join them for Fall 2021. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
The Sequencer Team is responsible for tools that allow content creators to generate real-time cinematic sequences. Sequencer has been at the center of showcasing many of the engine’s new features, including ray-tracing and virtual production, and has been used to create many of Epic’s cinematic trailers, including Fortnite season trailers. It ties together all aspects of the engine, ie. rendering, audio, and vfx.
- Work closely with the Tools team members to create and implement new engine features, such as hierarchical and optimized track evaluation, posing and animation systems, automated cameras and tracking systems.
- Work on tools that directly contribute to demonstrating the state of the art in the Unreal Engine.
- Improve existing features in the engine editor.
- Investigate and fix bugs to improve the overall editor experience.
- Bachelor or Advance Degree in CS or related field with focus in Game Development
- Completion of Unreal Learning modules a plus https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/onlinelearning-courses
- Measurably proficient C++ coding ability
- Strong background in math and logic
- Solid communication skills and strong work ethic
- Game engine fundamentals, UE4 experience
- Experience with core system tasks, such as graphics, tools, audio/video, networking, memory handling, script compilers, I/O, etc.
- Provide samples of your technical work online (Github, personal site, etc.)
This is a remote paid internship for Fall 2021. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.