Accounting Analyst Intern
Bird’s eye view of your role – We are looking for a motivated Accounting Analyst Intern to be responsible for the analysis of billing and contract processes. This position is essential to ensuring the highest level of accuracy and customer satisfaction through maintaining the internal systems to ensure proper amounts are invoiced, ensuring communication across different teams to resolve billing issues, and improving processes and internal applications.
What will you bring - You are a team player who enjoys solving problems by working closely with your peers! You continually seek to improve processes by finding the right solution, not just a solution. This is an opportunity you do not want to miss! Great team, great company, and a great place to learn and grow.
What competencies will you have – Commitment to quality, unbounded learning potential, team success, accounting skills, responsiveness, and a sense of humor! Your key responsibilities will be –
- 1. Perform revenue and expense variance analyses.
- 2. Coordinate more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments.
- 3. Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- 4. Prepare technical accounting memos to emphasize and apply financial accounting concepts for audit purposes.
- 5. Review and utilize client agreements for internal auditing.
- 6. Entering sensitive data.
7. As part of the responsibilities for this role, you will understand and readily support Envestnet's established corporate business practices, policies, internal controls and procedures designed to create value or minimize risk.
You will have –
- 1. Working toward a BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2. Data mining experience preferred.
- 3. Revenue Recognition experience is a plus!
- 4. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- 5. Persistence and a great attitude!
We would love for you to have –
- 1. Completed courses in Financial Accounting and Managerial Accounting.
- 2. Upcoming Senior, Senior standing, or 2017 graduate.
- 3. Proficiency in Excel.
How will your lofty goals be translated into specific actions / short term goals -
- 1. Within the first 30 days, you will quickly get familiarized with QuickBooks and Tableau to assist the team with analysis projects.
- 2. By the end of the first two months, you should be able to maintain monthly and quarterly accounting audits and perform detailed analysis.
What’s in it for you? (EVP – Employee Value Proposition) -
- 1. Learn, explore, and contribute toward a strong accounting and finance department and achieve self-growth within the organization.
- 2. Participate, grow, and influence accounting and billing processes throughout the organization
- 3. Learn from industry professionals.
- 4. Be a member of a leading FinTech company, innovators in personal finance management, and aggregation space and products innovation company.
- 5. Earn a competitive compensation package with unique benefits and facilities.