TO APPLY: Submit a resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (503) 223-7007, or mail to EMO, 245 S Bancroft St., Suite B, Portland, 97239. Position open until filled.
PURPOSE: To provide reception for SOAR Immigration Legal Services Portland Office and administrative support for Attorneys and BIA Accredited Representatives.
ACCOUNTABILITY: To the mission and goals of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon (EMO) as determined by the Board of Directors, and as administered by the President and his/her delegates.
REPORTS TO: Director of Immigration Legal Services and SOAR Legal Office Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None.
LOCATION: EMO’s SOAR Immigration Legal Services Portland program site and other sites as needed.
CLASSIFICATION: 32 hours/week, non-exempt.
BENEFITS: Salary range starts at $16.45 per hour. All regular employees (does not include on-call or temporary) are eligible for vacation, holidays, sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, employee assistance program and employee trainings. Employees in exempt positions or non-exempt positions that are 20 hours per week or more, also receive medical insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance and life insurance, per eligibility requirements.
- Provide reception for SOAR’s Immigration Legal Services Portland office, including answering the phone, directing phone calls, greeting clients, and acting as a liaison between clients and other legal staff.
- Schedule client appointments.
- Receive and record client mail, file all mail, and contact all clients regarding the mail.
- Provide administrative support to SOAR attorneys and BIA accredited representatives.
- Contact clients to remind them of appointments or classes.
- Provide interpretation and translation for SOAR Legal clients.
- Maintain cleanliness of office environment.
- Complete check requests in a timely manner and communicate with vendors.
- Complete Volunteer Report for SOAR Legal Volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to work within the mission, vision and ethics of EMO, and maintain an understanding of the services provided by the programs and projects of EMO.
KNOWLEDGE: Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products.
SKILLS: Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen to and affirm people from a wide variety of backgrounds and circumstances; Treat all individuals with respect and dignity; Ability to multi-task efficiently.
EFFORT: Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITY: Puts forth a courteous, friendly, helpful attitude at all times when receiving office visitors, answering the phones, and working with staff and clients.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Ability to work in a respectful manner with people of diverse ethnicity, socio-economic circumstances, religion, culture and sexual orientation; High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
Able to communicate fluently in English and either Spanish, Somali, Arabic, Burmese or Russian.
Two years of office experience.
Experience working with immigrants or refugees.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and people living with HIV are encouraged to apply.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by state and federal regulations will be observed.