Looking for a global commerce leader where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? If you said yes, eBay wants to talk to you. Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a significant impact for people across the globe. eBay’s Americas organization is where it all started and it’s a critical segment of the business. We’ve been doing this for almost 25 years. And we’re just as passionate about it today as when we founded the company in 1995.
About the teams:
The Category Management role is available on six different teams: Luxury, Sneakers, Fashion & Beauty, and Collectibles
This intern will be joining the Luxury team at eBay, a platform that is focused on watches, handbags, jewelry, and accessories. The intern will work on project related to impact to the Luxury platform and help support new initiatives across these categories. Have a passion for Luxury and e-commerce? We’d love to hear from you!
Support the Sneakers business! If you have a love of Sneakers and a passion for Sneaker buyers and sellers and Sneaker Culture, we would love to hear from you! Our ideal candidate is passionate about digital innovations and how to apply new technologies to online shopping, particularly in the Sneakers sector.
Fashion & Beauty:
This role will support the Apparel and Beauty business. If you have a love of fashion and a passion for sustainability, we would love to hear from you! We offer outstanding culture and inspiring working environment, and this is an exciting opportunity to build your skills in creating go-to-market strategies and growth plans for one of the most influential brands in the US.
About the role:
Our merchandising team is looking for a talented Category Manager Intern to support six categories. The position supports the vertical strategy and helps maximize effectiveness by providing assistance to the category management teams and site merchandising teams. This role is a foundational entry point to build fundamental knowledge of retail commerce.
The successful candidate will be eager to learn and motivated by an ambitious, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- The ideal candidate has a proven track record for flawless execution and attention to detail.
- Must be agile, flexible and an innate solution-seeker.
- Should have a background in merchandising and possess general knowledge of online retail.
- Strong communication and organizational skills will be paramount for this role, as this individual will be responsible for coordination and follow-up on multiple concurrent projects.
This role is unique in that expectations will go beyond general execution and extend into independent decision-making, requiring a blend of creative thought balanced by data-driven analysis.
- Support and assist to execute end-to-end strategy for on-site merchandising experience
- Execute and Launch Deals/Events
- Tracking and analyzing campaign performance and making recommendations for improvement/optimization
- Calendar management and maintenance with consistent follow-up and status updates to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Assist in identifying process inefficiencies and making recommendations for process improvements in a timely manner.
- Integration of the market and the competitive landscape, contributing to new ideas.
- Assist with seller relations
- Executing Contracts with accuracy and following guidelines
- Working towards a BA/BS or graduating December 2022 + in the US accredited college or university system
- Must have the ability to work in the US
- Accomplished educational resume including activities and leadership roles
- Demonstrated passion for eCommerce and merchandising
- Experience working effectively within a team
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to deal with ambiguity
- Aptitude for being organized with flexibility to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Comfortable with a varied set of software and ability to learn new tools quickly
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or another legally protected status.