Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
The Executive Department heads the office Management Team, and works in conjunction with the Board of Directors, to guarantee the overall functioning of MSF-USA and MSF-USA’s involvement in the larger MSF movement.
To provide administrative support to the Association Coordinator and Board and Executive Liaison Officer, while providing practical learning experience and exposure to an applicant interested in international humanitarian work, NGO administration, and advocacy. This internship is ideal for anyone considering a career in international relations, and particularly in the administration of non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
The Executive Department is comprised of the Executive Director, Director of Internal Operations, Director of Risk and Internal Controls, Board and Executive Liaison Officer, Association Coordinator, Association Associate, OCP Association Communications Officer, and a part-time Administrative Assistant. The Executive Director heads the office Management Team, and works in conjunction with the Board of Directors, to guarantee the overall functioning of MSF-USA and MSF-USA’s involvement in the larger MSF movement. The Association Coordinator’s role is to foster leadership and activism within the MSF-USA Association comprised largely of returned MSF field volunteers and staff members.
Executive Intern will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Update and maintain the MSF-USA Association membership roll, under the direction of the Association Coordinator
- Update and maintain, under the direction of the Association Coordinator, the Association database
- Update and maintain, under the direction of the Association Coordinator and OCP Association Communications Officers, materials on the Association website and internal Facebook page.
- Provide logistical support to the Association Coordinator in preparation of the annual General Assembly and other regional events and meetings.
- Provide administrative support to the Board and Executive Officer and Association Coordinator as required
- Provide logistical support to the Board and Executive Liaison Officer when these meetings are held in New York (typically in September, December, March, May)
- Conduct ongoing research, under the direction of the Board and Executive Liaison Officer, on trademark and intellectual property issues pertaining to “Without Borders” organizations and the MSF mark as it is used in the US.
Applicants should have:
- A genuine commitment to MSF’s humanitarian principles and a general understanding of international current events.
- Excellent administrative/logistical skills
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- A working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Sharepoint.
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading ability.
- Initiative and confidence to ask questions in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Application Deadline: August 15, 2021.
No phone calls or emails please.
Please note that neither relocation assistance nor visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.
Pay Class & Contract Type
$15 per hour
Working Time (Hours Per Week)