Be part of an exciting growth industry in commercial materials and manufacturing with Aerospace and Defense Business Solutions (DABS) and High Tech Material Solutions (HTMS), a joint business venture focusing on aerospace, defense, research & development, and commercial manufacturing.
The Supply Chain Associate reports to the Supply Chain Manager and is a flexible, part time role, estimating 20 hours/week. You will be responsible for receiving, organizing, and shipping inventory as well as receiving and shipping customer orders in support of the Supply Chain Manager. You also will manage online inventory on several sites. This position provides the opportunity to gain a complete view of how a Supply Chain system works within a small business environment, while having key responsibility and the advantage of interfacing directly with many roles inside and outside of the business. The Supply Chain Associate is the frontline for interfacing with customers and suppliers directly in the facility, providing exposure to a broad spectrum of people and businesses.
Your primary role will be to support the Supply Chain Manager and is responsible for the following:
- Incoming materials, supplies and customer orders. Ensure they are accurately, opened, inspected, counted, documented and received into the ERP system.
- Forecasting, scheduling, and maintaining lead times of material (metals, hardware, consumables, and other components).
- Maintaining stock and min-max levels, re-order points, MRP forecasted demand in order to reduce lead times while at the same time reducing excess inventory exposure.
- Tracking order release and flow to the shop floor and from the shop floor to ensure an on-time-delivery schedule to customers.
- Outgoing purchase orders to vendors and order to customers. Organize and package shipments in preparation for customer pickup, delivery or third-party pickup (i.e., UPS).
- Occasionally delivering orders, as needed, to customers and pickup up/drop off orders to venders as needed to support expedited work and on time delivery needs.
- Creating and processing customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, and/or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shipped for fulfillment of orders.
- Managing online stores and inventory lists through third party apps and subscriptions.
- Responsible to support development and management of the production schedule for all orders in process through assembly and / or machining operations.
- Responsible to learn, contribute new ideas, innovate, and become an important member of this fast moving, growing team.
The Qualities You Possess:
- Superior communication skills are required for frequent interaction with suppliers, customers, team members and management.
- High attention to detail and critical information.
- Ability to quickly research and study complex information and drawings, as needed.
- Ability to quickly learn computer programs, and use your own skills in Excel to develop reports.
- Strategic thinker that is able to both analyze and summarize for customers and various management levels.
- Ability to work autonomously with a heavy workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with internal team members at all levels and from varied and diverse backgrounds, and interface with supplies and customers as well.
This role is Monday to Friday, from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Some remote work may be available.
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills. Working in a small business manufacturing environment, employees are expected to be flexible to adapt to daily and changing business and customer needs, as required.
DABS is a drug-free business. DABS uses E-verify and third-party background check services during the hiring process. DABS is an International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR)-registered and compliant facility and maintains appropriate processes and controls to ensure employees are properly trained and compliant to ITAR requirements.
DABS is committed to be an Equal Employment Opportunity business and comply with the employment laws, including the State of Washington. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.