Graphic Designer Intern
Time Commitment: Minimum of 2 business days per week, preferably 3 business days
Duration of the internship: negotiable
Compensation: unpaid *school credit possible
Location: WeWork in West Soho, NY, NY
*Due to COVID-19, the Curina team is working remotely.
Consequently, the interview and internship will be conducted remotely at this time.
We are an art tech startup building a new rental platform for original, fine art; think Rent the Runway for fine art. We provide rotating art for homes and businesses from up-and-coming local artists. We believe in launching new talent and supporting local artists.
About The Job
This is an opportunity to work directly with the founding team and engage firsthand with the growth stages of a startup.
We are looking for someone who is super passionate and has a high level of knowledge about graphic design and contemporary art. The ideal candidate has obsession with quality and employ a creative approach to design output.
What You’ll Do
· Work closely with founders, branding members to brainstorm and conceptualize the design based on Curina’s brand guideline
· Research and evaluate designs from other successful websites/companies
· Develop Curina’s graphic assets across various channels (email, Instagram, Facebook, banner ads, etc.) to create cohesive brand experiences
· Collaborate with branding member and website developer to develop and execute design for the website and graphics with deep understanding of the business
· Design any collateral as needed such as business cards, event graphics, posters, flyers, packaging
· (if needed) Take photos and videos of artists, artworks, studios, and any other relevant contents as needed
· Attend weekly team meeting to share progress and generate feedback
· Graphic/Communication design experience
· Passionate about the local art community
· In-depth working knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest & Twitter
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· A high-energy, positive person who wants to make a difference on the founding team of a startup
· Passion for art, e-commerce, technology, and startups
You will gain experience building a startup from the ground level. Other key benefits include:
· Working and collaborate directly with founders and clients.
· Realizing your ideas in real practice.
· Seeing the reaction to your works from real audiences.
· Completing tangible projects to showcase on your resume.
· Opportunity to join a growing team full-time.
· WeWork perks (complimentary drinks/events and meeting other seed-stage entrepreneurs).
· Access to founders who will help you network to future internships, jobs or graduate programs.
*Contact Internship and Career Advisor to see if position is eligible for academic credit