Cumbria Capital Company Overview (www.cumbriacapital.com)
Cumbria Capital is a team of entrepreneurs with success investing in, founding, and growing private companies. We seek to identify, acquire and operate an existing private company with an initial enterprise value of between $10.0 – $50.0 million. We are funded by leading investors in the space including Pacific Lake, Trilogy, and Search Fund Partners. The Managing Partner at Cumbria Capital has a background in finance and has previously founded a VC-backed healthcare company which has raised $70 million.
Description of Analyst Role
The internship will involve a hands on learning experience with many of the core activities involved with running a startup private equity firm.
An Analyst should expect to develop a fundamental knowledge of the process by which middle market companies are bought and sold. Analysts will also gain a working understanding of the industry participants involved in middle market transactions and the motivating factors driving their behavior.
Details of Analyst Role
1) Research and identify attractive industries based on Cumbria’s investment criteria
2) Develop investment theses and an understanding of business models for selected industries
3) Production of emails/letters for targeted small businesses
4) Review of confidential information on potential acquisitions; Business opportunity modeling
5) Participation in phone calls with investment bankers and small business owners
6) Significant mentorship from Cumbria’s Managing Partner and weekly meetings to discuss progress
Pay / Sponsorship: Unpaid internship
Hours per Week: 10 to 20 hours per week
Who Should Apply:
· Highly motivated candidates who have a strong and proven interest in the fields of private equity, entrepreneurship and finance.
· Candidates who have a natural curiosity for how businesses work, a tenacious attitude towards research, are resourceful and have the ability to think independently.
Applicants should be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree at a top-tier institution.
About Cumbria Capital
Cumbria Capital is a search fund backed by leading investors (Pacific Lake & Trilogy). It seeks to acquire, manage, and exit a single company which has revenue of between $5-50 million. For more information on the search fund model, please reference the following site: https://www.pacificlake.com/search-funds/whats-search-fund