CNW – Courier Network is the leading logistics solutions provider, specializes in delivering customized Time Critical, Expedited shipments for the Aerospace, Life Sciences, Automotive, and Semiconductors industries. With CNW offices in strategic locations in the US, Apac, Europe, and Israel, and local logistics partners, CNW can provide the fastest and most reliable courier services from anywhere to anywhere in the world.
The Logistics Operative facilitates Expediated and Next Flight Out (NFO) shipments via air and domestic transport. The Logistics Operative is responsible for receiving shipping instructions and following customer specific guidelines in the preparation and transmission of export, import, and domestic transactions. This includes processes from booking through confirmation of shipping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities during all phases of the shipping process.
- Communicate with carriers and origin and destination location agents regarding shipment status, special handling and delivery processes.
- Monitor and manage shipments until completion. Keep customers appraised to the export/import/and domestic details of transactions in accordance with SOP’s.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of documentation.
- Build relationships with customers, offices, overseas and domestic agents and service providers
- Review standard operating procedures to ensure compliance, TSA and Ace Quality Assurance Standards.
- May be responsible for special shipments involving perishables (medicines and samples) and/or oversee special accounts.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree – Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, international Business Management programs are preferred.
- Prior work experience in logistics/freight forwarding industry is preferred but, not necessary.
- Basic to intermediate experience using Windows operating system and Microsoft software, and Google applications is required
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written requests and directions. Must have the ability to compose letters, memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and concisely. Can present oneself in a highly cooperative and professional manner when meeting both internal and external customers and vendors face to face.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Core Competencies and Values
- Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Demonstrates ability to comply with CNW’s Core Competencies: Accountability & Responsibility, Collaboration & Teamwork, Communication, Customer Focus, Problem Solving & Decision Making.
- Flexibility: we are running a 24/7/365 shift base operations and looking for employees that are flexible with scheduling. All candidates must be able to work any day of the year (including weekends and holidays)
Available and willing to work any of the shifts below:
- Morning, Mid-day, Evening.
Benefits CNW offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefits – full coverage.
- 401k plan
- Bonus package
- Daily paid meals
All benefits offered are subject to eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources. CNW is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. CNW does not tolerate discrimination against job applicants or employees because of race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, and military status or any other protected class recognized under federal, state, or local law. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company’s employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
For more information about Courier Networks, please visit us at cnwglobal.com