ABOUT COGGINS ACCOUNTING
Coggins Accounting is a women-owned accounting firm providing bookkeeping and accounting services to small and medium-sized businesses throughout the Puget Sound. We are driven by the belief that accounting is about people, not just numbers. We partner with our clients to help them optimize their business structure and meet their business goals. And we recognize that our work requires a large amount of trust and vulnerability. We value diversity, identity, and inclusivity, and seek to ally with our employees and customers in meaningful ways. We are actively seeking BIPOC and LGBTQ+ candidates.
Our employees are essential to our ability to serve our customers. We make it a priority to balance consistency with flexibility and team-building with autonomy in order to retain and develop exceptional employees. What does this mean for you?
· Flexible Location: We utilize a hybrid work model allowing you to split your time between working on-site and working remotely.
· Flexible Hours: You will have some set hours combined with flex time.
· Team Work: Our entire team works in person at the office on the first Saturday of each month. We use this time for training, team building, and completion of unfinished projects.
- Maintain an accurate record of financial transactions for our clients
- Collect and organize financial documentation
- Process accounts receivable and payable
- Reconcile and report sales taxes, payroll taxes
- Account reconciliation to assert the accuracy of transactions
- Monitor any variances from the projected budget
- Handle monthly payroll reporting
- Work with a senior accountant when necessary
- Apply federal, state, and local laws to comply with reporting requirements
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Professionalism and organization skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in accounting software, preferably QuickBooks Online
- Must ensure confidentiality
We recognize that there are multiple ways to gain the skills and knowledge required for this position. Qualified candidates must have one or more of the following:
- Completed coursework in tax preparation, accounting, bookkeeping, business finance, and other relevant topics
- Associates degree in accounting or finance
- Bachelor’s degree
- QuickBooks Online certified a plus
· Minimum 2 years of experience in the field
You will start at Seattle minimum wage, and can quickly achieve your first three pay raises by meeting three small measurable goals. It’s up to you how quickly you meet those goals; it could be as soon as 3 months.
Future increases are based on a review of skill growth and contributions to the team.
Interested candidates should submit resume with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org