Assist the Arts Division with its public and performing arts projects. You will play a key role in the coordination and staffing of cultural events and arts programs including: the One City One Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival, Summer/Winter Sounds, Free Theatre in the Park, WeHo Reads, National Poetry Month, Art on the Outside (temporary public art) and Urban Art (permanent public art), and other WeHo Arts programs.
If you have problems creating a user account or submitting your online application, please contact NEOGOV applicant support directly at 855.524.5627 (Applicant Support Hours: 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday).
Examples of Duties:
- Performance, workshop and event coordination and staffing
- Assist with production and coordination of arts and cultural programs
- Assist with marketing and outreach efforts for all WeHo Arts programs (encompassing Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, website updates, and flyer design/distribution)
- Assist with updating public art records and files
- Perform clerical duties such as photocopying, answering phones and meeting preparation/minutes
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Eligibility to remain in the program is contingent upon school enrollment
- Must be able to work 20-40 hours per week
- Effective communication, organizational, computer, research and analytical skills are essential
Candidates can be sought from all areas of undergraduate study and are not required to have demonstrated a previous commitment to the arts.
Student eligibility for internship positions is limited to currently enrolled college students. Students must have completed at least one semester of college by June 1, 2021, and must remain enrolled thorough the duration of the internship, in order to remain eligible to participate.
*Two positions available. Please consult attached flyer for specifics on each.