The BSA will work with internal stakeholders and external clients to define requirements to meet business needs related to connectivity and integration solutions. The Product Owner/BSA will work on multiple projects from across several of the solutions and will need to be comfortable discussing various technical implementation options.
Each project will require the delivery of requirements, user stories, in some cases workflow diagrams, UI mock ups or XML maps, as needed by the software delivery team. The BSA will be working with product and engineering teams in a collaborative effort to deliver a solution which will delight our client base.
A successful candidate will be able to show past experience in applying independent judgment, analytical skills and working in cross functional teams. They will need to quickly acquire a deep knowledge of products, services, and a clear understanding of our business model.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the timely and successful execution of all assigned tasks.
· Identify and validate business requirements by interfacing with subject matter experts for a function.
· Extract and translate domain needs into technical requirements including identification of reporting requirements.
· Develop complex use cases by interfacing with subject matter experts in business operations, business process, org adoption, and IT.
· Lead requirements gathering meetings, manage communications and proactively close any gaps needed to meet stated plan.
· Participate in Agile Scrum activities including daily stand ups, grooming, sprint planning and retrospectives.
· Provide solutions to business team to meet company business objectives.
· Recognize/analyze key road blocks. Manage risks associated with the project and communications to project team.
· Be a subject matter expert point-of-contact for all parties assigned to the project team.
· Assist with UAT activities.
· Assist in providing operational support and launch material for projects and products.
Required Experience and Skills
BA or BS degree in business or computer science.
Proven experience successfully conducting in-person meetings with stakeholders, clients and sales teams by creating clear agendas, driving to conclusions and follow through on action items.
Knowledge of Agile Scrum development lifecycle process and writing user stories to communicate requirements.
Proficiency with the following productivity tools: MS Office, Visio, Balsamiq and Jira
Must have the ability to create documentation to support software development team’s implementation of technical solutions. (Examples: Interface control document, process/data flow diagram and data mapping spreadsheets, UI mock-screens/prototypes, etc.) .
Knowledge of API services and a strong comprehension of XML files and using tools like SOAP UI or Postman
Ability to collaborate with technical teams and subject matter experts to establish the technical solution and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
Proactively inform managers and affected personnel on the status of assignments.
Planning and organizational skills, including the ability to lead and participate in multiple initiatives simultaneously and to effectively prioritize tasks.