The Software Development Intern will work in the Professional Services organization at Blue Planet and gain exposure to many different telecommunication and software technologies while working with a world class global team. You will participate in design solutions and analyze problems and come up with solutions. You will get an opportunity to learn about coding, unit testing, and the overall Project Delivery lifecycle as you work with the team on building real mission-critical systems that will be used by our customers.
Blue Planet is looking for team-oriented developer who is excited by solving complex problems. We want developers that enjoy developing modular software designed to scale and built to last. As a Blue Planet Developer, you will handle a wide array of tasks ranging from design, development, configuration, unit testing, documentation, and analysis. You will produce high-quality code for large-scale applications in carrier class networks and cloud-based environments. It is a demanding role that requires execution excellence and focus on priorities and project plans.
We are looking for interns who are ready to jump right in, not afraid to ask questions, and apply themselves to get the most out of the experience.
Your primary activities shall include:
- Work with one or more Project Teams to implement project deliverables
- Support customer discussions to understand requirements, clarifications for implementation and conduct user acceptance.
- Write and maintain solution documentation
- Create device and service models for telecommunication/networking technologies such as DWDM/OTN, SONET, MPLS, GPON, FTTH, etc.
- Implement Project solutions in Java, Spring, Neo4J, JSON, REST, JUnit, Angular, Drools
- Write and optimize database (Neo4J, SQL) queries and procedures
- Write and support configuration management scripts for Blue Planet’s CI/CD processes
Qualifications for Consideration:
- Smart and driven individual who is passionate about learning new technologies and building high quality solutions for our customers
- Disciplined self-starter, capable of working independently or in close collaboration within an agile development team
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong coding skills in a modern object-oriented language (e.g., Java, Python)
- Working knowledge of modern relational databases architecture and SQL language through professional or academic projects
- Passion for solving hard problems and knows how to have fun!
Please apply on Workday for further consideration!