CSIS is seeking an intern to join a dynamic Diversity and Leadership in International Affairs team and assist in a variety of administrative projects and developmental assignments. This position will work closely with the DLIA Program Manager and Director to provide substantial administrative support. The DLIA Intern will be exposed to all facets of the Diversity and Leadership in International Affairs Project’s strategic plan efforts including, workforce diversity, organizational commitment, employee engagement and inclusion, and external engagement. This internship will be full-time, 35 hours per week.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following
• Provide research and literature on different topics related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Regularly update the DLIA internal site with resources and other information as needed.
• Provide programmatic support for all DLIA events, workshops, and trainings.
• Identify, attend, and take notes on virtual internal and external events relevant to the work of the Diversity and Leadership in International Affairs Project.
• Perform a variety of administrative and logistical tasks as needed.
Knowledge, education, and experience
• Associates degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Professional, academic, or personal interest in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Previous administrative experience strongly preferred.
• Advanced proficiency with entire Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be detail-oriented, well-organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects & priorities simultaneously.
• Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
Physical requirements and work conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee working in an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. CSIS seeks to build a diverse, representative team at all levels. We are committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone and we encourage applications from those from under-represented backgrounds. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.