This position is responsible for providing administrative and operational support for the CCSWW Corporate Office and In-House Legal Department. This position is the lead in developing and maintaining legal office operational procedures, schedules, and case management to guarantee reliability and consistency in responding to legal and reporting requirements for the organization. Responsibilities include but are not limited to legal case tracking, contract coordination, claims and complaint tracking, tracking records requests, legal document management, and license and document filing. This position is also a member of the corporate office operations team and is part of ensuring completion of all operational projects and tasks.
Provides comprehensive administrative and logistical support to the In-House Legal Department by:
- Creating, updating, and maintaining confidential legal files, including but not limited to, subpoenas, records requests, complaints, claims, and settlements;
- At the direction of the In-House Legal Counsel and/or the Assistant Chief of Operations, managing production and provision of information and documentation for outside counsel, law enforcement, judicial, and governmental agencies, and other parties in a timely manner;
- Scheduling and staffing Legal Department meetings and taking meeting minutes, as requested;
- Updating legal tracking documents;
- Transcribing and proofreading legal documents;
- Accurately filing court and litigation documents and meeting deadlines;
- Taking notes and messages and redirecting calls as needed;
- Special projects, as requested.
Manages subpoenas and records requests under the supervision of the In-House Legal Counsel.
Manages contracts and coordinates the contract review process, under the oversight of the Operations Manager and working closely with In-House Legal Counsel by:
- Ensuring that contract submissions received from local agencies are complete;
- Facilitating and overseeing the accurate and timely routing of contracts;
- Tracking contracts and ensuring review deadlines are met;
- Following up as needed with contract reviewers;
- Interpreting reviewer comments and relaying required or suggested contract changes and questions back to local agencies;
- Maintaining files of reviewed contracts;
- Requesting and maintaining all partially and fully executed contracts;
- Communicating and coordinating with the Chief Financial Officer and In-House Legal Counsel, as needed.
- Provides general administrative support to the Assistant Chief of Operations, CFO, CAO, and other corporate office staff.
- Assists the Assistant Chief of Operations and the Operations Manager in the CCSWW insurance process.
- Min. 2 years experience as a legal assistant.
- Familiarity with legal terminology, documents and court process.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs.
- Able to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform legal research.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with attorneys and staff.
- Demonstrate a courteous and professional demeanor an work well as a team member.
- Strong organizational skills that result in efficient and timely work product.
For more information or questions, please contact Mary C. Brown, Executive AA at firstname.lastname@example.org.