Cascade Data Labs is a boutique consulting agency with end-to-end experience helping Fortune 500 companies form and execute their analytics strategy and infrastructure. We believe strongly that the difference between analytics success and failure comes down to practitioner-level understanding of the “details” presented across a variety of disciplines; data collection, organization, and processing in a rapidly evolving technological landscape, analytical inference on multi-dimensional data sets, and the communication of findings to business stakeholders in visually compelling ways.
Ideal candidates will have strong quantitative backgrounds and analytical discipline. While they will have some demonstrated ability to write code, they will not have learned programming languages for the sake of building their resume, but rather as a means to express their intellectual curiosity and analytical voice. Cascade Data Labs will provide a platform and training to help them reach their full potential.
We are seeking candidates with all levels of experience; intern to senior-level
– Analyze a collection of raw data sets to create meaningful impact to large enterprise clients while maintaining a high degree of scientific rigor and discipline
– Build data pipelines to aid analysis and/or reporting
– Communicate findings in an intuitive and visually compelling way
– Bachelors or Masters in Business Analytics (or related), Mathematics or Statistics – if you are currently enrolled in a degree program please include your GPA in your resume or cover letter)
– Proficiency (can execute data ingestion to insight) in programmatic language such as SQL, R, Python (Pandas/Scipy/Numpy) OR at the very least, mastery level of Microsoft Excel
Preferred (candidates are not expected to possess all of the below skills but should possess a demonstrated aptitude and excitement to learn more of them):
– Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint or Keynote
– Proficiency scripting in UNIX environment
– Exposure to big data environment and tools such as Hive, Impala, Pig, Spark, etc. Familiarity with AWS services a huge plus
– Familiarity with machine learning techniques and libraries along with the ability to appropriately apply them to various business questions