Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a leading company in CRISPR genome engineering located in Berkeley, CA. Caribou’s tools and technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development and the company is advancing an internal pipeline of gene-edited cell therapies for various oncology indications. The eight-year-old company has developed a best-in-class CRISPR genome engineering technology platform and has a leading intellectual property position. At Caribou, every employee is valued for their unique perspective and background. Every person on the Caribou team contributes to problem solving and innovation. The Company’s vision is to advance agile gene editing innovations for the benefit of our communities.
We are seeking an entry level Research Associate to join our Stem Cell Therapeutics Group in Berkeley. The ideal candidate will interact closely with Scientists and Research Associates to drive discovery and development of novel immunotherapies. The position offers an excellent opportunity to learn genome editing firsthand from leading experts, and to be involved in developing novel stem cell derived therapies. The successful candidate will be encouraged to extend their knowledge and develop their expertise in these fields to grow into a more independent role.
- Culture of immortalized cell lines, iPSCs and primary immune cells
- Preparation of iPSCs for differentiation
- Assisting other scientists with gene editing, iPSC differentiation, cell-based functional assays and cell phenotyping
- Generation of feeder cell stocks and preparation of feeder cells for experiments
- Generating cell banks of gene edited cells
- Organizing, monitoring and ordering reagent and media stocks
Candidate must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in (Stem) Cell biology, Immunology, Biochemistry or similar
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
- Proficiency in basic molecular biology techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as to collaborate with peers and work
- effectively in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to share occasional weekend cell culture duties
- Background in immunology, in particular NK cell development and function
- Competency in flow cytometry / fluorescence activated cell sorting
- Experience with immune cell functional assays
- iPSC hematopoietic differentiation
- Application of genome editing technologies
- Experience with lab automation
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a dynamic start-up company, and the successful candidate should have a passion for science and a desire to work in a collaborative environment. Caribou promotes a culture in which employees are respected and valued for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
Caribou offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to Company-observed holidays. The Company provides medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with a 401(k) retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions.
For more information, please visit www.cariboubio.com. Caribou is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @CaribouBio.
Caribou is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding), genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Caribou prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the basis listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Direct applicants only. No agencies please.