Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a leading clinical-stage CRISPR genome editing biotechnology company located in Berkeley, CA. Caribou’s tools and technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development and the company is advancing an internal pipeline of genome-edited cell therapies for various oncology indications. Caribou was founded in 2011 by CRISPR pioneers including Nobel Prize winner Jennifer Doudna, PhD, Martin Jinek, PhD, and Rachel Haurwitz, PhD, our President and CEO. The company has developed a best-in-class CRISPR genome editing technology platform and has a leading intellectual property position.
At Caribou, every employee is valued for their unique perspective, background, and diversity. Every person on the Caribou team contributes to problem solving and innovation. The Company’s vision is to advance agile genome editing innovations for the benefit of our communities.
We are seeking a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our Stem Cell Therapeutics Group in Berkeley. The ideal candidate will interact closely with Scientists and Research Associates to drive discovery and development of new therapeutics.
- Mammalian cell culture, including iPSCs and primary immune cells
- Differentiation of iPSCs into hematopoietic lineages
- Functional analysis and phenotypic characterization of differentiated cell types
- Gene editing of iPSCs and clonal derivation of edited lines
- Coordinate experiments with other Scientists and RAs across functional groups, compile data and present results and stay current on relevant primary literature
Candidate must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or equivalent experience in (Stem) Cell biology, Immunology, Biochemistry.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in research operations, preferably in pharma or biotech
- Broad expertise in mammalian cell culture techniques, cell-based assays and a working knowledge of cell biology/immunology
- Experience working with iPSCs
- Competency in flow cytometry / fluorescence activated cell sorting
- Proficiency in basic molecular biology techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as to collaborate with peers and work
effectively in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to share occasional weekend cell culture duties
- Background in immunology, in particular NK cell development and function
- iPSC hematopoietic differentiation
- Experience with immune cell functional assays
- Application of genome editing technologies
- Experience with lab automation
- Experience with scale up optimization and process development
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a dynamic start-up biotechnology company, and the successful candidate should have a passion for science and a desire to work in a collaborative environment. Caribou promotes a culture in which employees are respected and valued for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
Caribou compensation and benefits:
- Comprehensive compensation package including stock options
- Generous paid vacation time in addition to Company-observed holidays
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan including matching employer contributions
- Tuition reimbursement program
Caribou is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding), genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Caribou prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Caribou is on Twitter. Follow the Company @CaribouBio.