Cardno ChemRisk is a scientific consulting company that uses risk assessment to solve public health, occupational health, and environmental challenges. The projects we work on often utilize multidisciplinary skills to address possible chemical, biological, pharmaceutical, or radiological hazards posed by consumer and industrial products, medical devices, contaminated foods, and contaminated environmental media (e.g., soils, sediments, water, or air). We specialize in solving problems of national importance, often related to major regulatory initiatives or mass torts involving occupational exposures.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced work environment with ambitious and self-motivated staff. We are continuously considering applications for full time Health Scientist positions in San Francisco, CA; Aliso Viejo, CA; Boulder, CO; Chicago, IL; Houston, TX; Boston, MA; Arlington, VA; Brooklyn, NY; Pittsburgh, PA; and Cincinnati, OH.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
- Critically evaluating and summarizing scientific literature on environmental and occupational health topics
- Evaluating allegations and reviewing case materials in support of experts testifying in toxic tort litigation
- Performing quantitative exposure and risk assessments
- Assisting with the production of technical work products, presentations, and proposals
- Contributing to or leading scientific manuscripts and conference presentations
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral degree in toxicology, epidemiology, industrial hygiene, biostatistics, engineering, or public health
- Proficient understanding of multiple public health fields
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Aptitude for multi-tasking among various projects while meeting budgets and deadlines
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
For more information on Cardno ChemRisk’s practice areas, please visit www.cardnochemrisk.com.
To apply, Handshake will redirect you to an external link and attach a copy of your resume and cover letter (please include your office preferences in your cover letter).
* Please note that selected candidates will be required to pass a drug, background, and reference screening prior to receiving an offer. Sponsorship is not currently available for this position.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. EEO/AA/M/F/V/D