Public Relations / Strategic Communications Internship
This twelve-week full-time internship is scheduled to begin in May/June
- Monitor, track and prepare reports to summarize the results and effectiveness of public relations initiatives at Cambia/Regence/Echo Health Ventures/Cambia Grove
- Participate in development of press releases, media lists, fact sheets, editorial content
- Amplify PR efforts by drafting content to share our campaign via various social media and internal channels, including, but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, blogs
- Research and evaluate media inquiries to determine relevance and value; develop media lists and media backgrounders
Other Projects as Assigned:
- Meeting and project management support
Combine your academic experience with the following skills and abilities:
- Minimum 2+ years university education completed and currently working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing, or a related field
- Candidates who have completed their undergraduate or graduate degree in the last six months are also encouraged to apply
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on projects, with strong sense of ownership and curiosity to learn more
- Excellent analytical problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 3.0 cumulative undergraduate grade point average
- Highly Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Prior experience in public relations, communications or social media a plus
- Agency experience preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
This position is being posted at pay level 7 and 11.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren't satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.