Exempt Overtime Eligible:
Benefits Eligible: Benefit Based
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world’s brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Elowitz Lab at Caltech is looking for a highly-motivated team member to work in our Therapeutic Circuits Group on developing and validating the therapeutic potential of biological circuits. Our team works in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. The ideal applicant has experience with synthetic mammalian biology, is efficient at data analysis, and has some computer programming experience. She or he must be organized, hard-working, and have excellent communication skills. As the project progresses, there may be an opportunity to join an external startup.
• Molecular biology, including PCR, DNA cloning, and plasmid preparation.
• Cell culture including general cell culture maintenance, and cell line construction and validation.
• Biological analysis, including Western blotting, RT-PCR, next-gen sequencing.
• Fluorescence microscopy and flow cytometry, including live cell and fixed cell imaging.
• Other duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in biology or related field.
• Must be very organized and have the ability to record, interpret, and report results with clarity. A willingness to proactively seek help and advice.
• Must have worked in a biology research lab.
• Hands-on experience with basic molecular biology techniques, including PCR and restriction enzyme cloning.
• Must possess a high level of initiative and the ability to work with little supervision.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience working in biotech.
• Experience working with disease models.
• Experience with next-generation sequencing.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a rapid design-build-test approach.
• Hands-on experience with mammalian tissue culture.
• CV or Resume.
• A Cover Letter (no more than one page), describing (1) What is your publication or project that you are most proud of and why? What was the key achievement of that project? What does it enable? (2) What are you excited about in the area of synthetic biology for therapeutics? (3) What are your longer-term career ambitions?
• A Research Report that you authored, including figures. This can be a first-author publication, first-author project report, undergrad research project, etc. If collaborative, indicate which components you contributed.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2280329
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.