Are you someone who is looking to start a career in marketing? Are you interested in gaining valuable insight into CRM platforms and investment banking marketing focused on food and beverage and eCommerce? Brown Gibbons Lang & Company (BGL), an established and fast-growing investment banking and financial advisory firm, has an exciting and fast-paced opportunity for a marketing analyst to assist the firm’s Consumer Group.
As BGL’s Marketing Analyst for the Consumer Group, you will work alongside, and report directly to, the firm’s Head of Consumer. You will also work closely with our firmwide Salesforce team, marketing team, and internal clients at all levels to update, maintain and execute the processes critical to the firm’s Consumer Group.
Key responsibilities include gathering relevant source data (from company websites, press releases, news sources, and internal resources), and updating and/or creating the business unit’s account, contact, and opportunity records under industry best practices.
The ideal candidate will have enough curiosity, drive, and inventiveness to become quickly acclimated to new fields, and should be prepared to perform ad-hoc assignments that are outside of his/her area of expertise.
This position is located at our office in downtown Chicago, IL.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Handle day-to-day data entry needs for BGL’s Consumer Group
- Research relevant information using firm resources and publicly available information
- Create and maintain Salesforce lists and reports as required
- Obtain, format, and import end-user databases utilizing Excel and Data Loader
- Provide prompt, courteous service to all internal stakeholders
- Perform related marketing & business development administrative support duties for the Consumer Group as needed
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in Salesforce or another CRM platform desired, but not required
- Experience in a customer support role
- Dependable, team-oriented, positive attitude
- Detail-oriented, with strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Undergraduate degree in marketing desired but not required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit at a workstation for extended periods. The employee must have the ability to enter data into a computer and operate standard office equipment, including computers, telephones, printers, copiers, and fax machines.
- Normal vision is required.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Normal office conditions.
BGL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act), or any other legally protected status for employment opportunities.
- The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of this position.