Position: Director of Marketing
Supervisor: Chief Development Officer
Location: Administrative Office in Mount Vernon, WA
Status: Full-Time (0.8 FTE), Non-Exempt
Wage: $20.23-27.08/hr DOQ/DOE, Full Benefit Package
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Marketing will head up all major elements of design & production for marketing materials and strategies to further the programmatic and resource development goals of the organization. This job has a direct impact on fundraising initiatives through storytelling, consistent messaging, brand recognition, and direct relationship management.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Skagit County are positioning themselves to be the premier provider of Youth Development Programs in our area through targeted outreach initiatives, strategic partnerships with schools and local governments, and a commitment to ongoing professional development. We are looking for a dynamic, passionate individual to join our team and join us in securing Great Futures for all youth in Skagit County.
Essential Job Functions:
- Contribute to operational strategic planning, identifying opportunities to promote Club services, programs and activities to specific constituents or the public at large.
- Write, design and publish regular newsletter (Mailchimp & printed)
- Create and Update website content
- Produce Annual & Mid-Year Report for direct mail
- Coordinate, maintain, and update BGCSC Social Media pages, website.
- Develop, create and distribute general marketing materials (brochures etc).
- Help produce videos for events and promotion.
- Advertising support to include securing in-kind advertising and the development and creation of print, radio, TV and web ads.
- Develop Meaningful relationships with local media contacts: internal & external
- Write and submit press releases to the local media about news and events happening with the Clubs.
- Play a critical role with the creation of event marketing materials, invitations, media collateral, and programs for major special events each year.
- Play an important role with the creation and assisting of event marketing materials, invitations, media collateral, and programs for local Club fundraising events, Teen & Family nights, and community engagement
- Assist with design & execution of special events, including set-up, break-down, and staffing
- Assist with direct mail campaigns, digital campaigns, and general fundraising communication through consistent graphic design & messaging.
- Consistently maintain strong brand awareness in all external communication
- Provide general help with prospecting & engaging new corporate donor-partners
- Assist with the planning and execution of an annual Donor-Investor Recognition event.
- Assist with ongoing stewardship efforts, including phone calls & thank you notes
- Help lead innovative, ongoing stewardship of donor-investors
- Manage budgets and costs.
- Build & maintain strong collegiality with internal & external team.
- Attend trainings and conferences as assigned.
- Attend assigned staff, committee and board meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Marketing/Design degree or equivalent in experience and education
- Two to three years of progressively responsible experience in graphic design, marketing and public relations.
- Superior writing, editing and verbal communications skills.
- Strong project management, administrative and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing and usual computer applications, including GoogleSuite & video editing.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite, Word Press.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and be attentive to details.
- Highly creative problem solving ability.
- Age 23 or older with a current driver’s license to be able to operate organizational vehicles, or ability to obtain one with 90 days of employment.
- Washington State resident, though some work functions may be completed remotely. (It is anticipated this position will continue to be primarily remote-work based through at least 8/31/2021. Individuals should have an appropriate home work space or suitable alternative, including strong internet capabilities. An iMac computer and peripherals will be provided to the successful candidate.)
Human Resource Cultivation Plan
- Position closes when filled
- Veterans and Military spouses are encouraged to apply
- Successful applicants will be interviewed, as needed
Boys & Girls Clubs of Skagit Counties is an Equal Opportunity Employer.